Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice Please

Sara Fiesta

As some of you are aware I booked my car in today to check oil levels and they've chipped the door corner edge they say they will spray the door but I’m concerned about colour matching, I want to suggest a sort chip repair, am I wrong in assuming paint matching is going to look patchy now days? the last thing i wanted is to have paint work done on a 2 months old car!

I'm so angry I just want to cry!

i know VW use a chip repair company so Ford maybe the same. if it doesnt match up then get them to sort it out properly. tbh, they should have the best paint match.

As some of you are aware I booked my car in today to check oil levels and they've chipped the door corner edge they say they will spray the door but I’m concerned about colour matching, I want to suggest a sort chip repair, am I wrong in assuming paint matching is going to look patchy now days? the last thing i wanted is to have paint work done on a 2 months old car!

I'm so angry I just want to cry!

What a load of useless (can't think of a suitable the word)! A good reason not to commit to having your care serviced there under the "Ford Smart service Plan", or does that plan allow you to go to any Ford garage for service? Personally I would prefer to use an independent garage of my choice and not have to be tied to Ford.

Ah another one chalked up to the cynics, like I've said before cynics are right nine times out of ten.

I hear some of you asking yourselves, how do you attain the level of thinking that grants you access to such an illustrious club.

Well in my case I've spent a life time listening to the promises made by all and sundry who try and separate you from your money, be they business's or politicians. And trust me nine times out of ten they don't deliver.

I feel for you Sara, you must be well sick and I don't blame you.

Hi, cynics are right 11 times out of 10 aren't they? ;) I used to take my old Mk1 Mondeo to a independant garage and they never used wing protectors, seat covers and the steering wheel always needed to be cleaned afterwards.

I feel for you Sarah as it seems all so unjust but accidents happen. I'm sure they'll be able to match the paint though, is it very visable?

Chris

Hi, cynics are right 11 times out of 10 aren't they? ;) I used to take my old Mk1 Mondeo to a independant garage and they never used wing protectors, seat covers and the steering wheel always needed to be cleaned afterwards.

I feel for you Sarah as it seems all so unjust but accidents happen. I'm sure they'll be able to match the paint though, is it very visable?

Chris

That,s why it is a good idea not to be tied to any one garage for servicing, if you have a bad experience you don't use them next time, any sort of pre-payment to any organisation ties you to that company. :unsure:

I'm not tied to them I have no servicing plan I just took it in because I thought the proxy oil level was too high wish I hadn't bothered now! The chip is deep you can see metal it's right on the edge of the door, it's about 5 mm and position it's just below door handle height. :(

I'm not tied to them I have no servicing plan I just took it in because I thought the proxy oil level was too high wish I hadn't bothered now! The chip is deep you can see metal it's right on the edge of the door, it's about 5 mm and position it's just below door handle height. :(

As it is a new car, I would either have a complete door respray or a replacement door depending on the severity of the damage. I am glad you didn't go for the Ford service plan. :mellow:

Chris, I hear what your saying mate, and in my case I'm lucky I live within walking distance of a Ford Main Dealer that does a decent job [ I've used them a couple of times] I say walking distance, it's 25 minutes walking briskly. :ph34r: still keeping those pounds off.

But many people aren't so lucky and are paying through the nose to boot. Dealerships are franchises and as such the business model sales advantage of dealing with franchised business's is, your suppose to expect the same level of service when you use one. But again life proves the model does not always deliver.

That said I still think main dealer hourly rates are excessive. One of the reasons being in my opinion is, they carry to much dead weight that has to have a cut paid out of the rate we pay for the guy bent over our bonnets.

Sara, sorry to hear the damage, but I too would demand a decent job on it, and if you even get a hint that you can see the damage / paintwork after, demand a proper respray.

I think if you were tied to someone, then damage of your property to which you entrust their car should be sufficient reason legally and morally to sever the ties and void the contract. I am sure that no court in their right mind (if it ever got that far) would force you to remain in a relationship where your property has proven to be damaged in their care!

Did they admit to you straight away, or did you find it, then confront them?