Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Rear Skirt Colour Of Centre Section?

Lenny

Yea that's them mate, stay well clear

Thanks for the clarification mate,

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lenny

• salsheikh

• Haz93

• FordFocusman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sal

I will get some pics up tomorrow afternoon. I will take some for front and back and sides just incase anyone finds them useful :)

Lenny

I think that's the best thing to do, I'm sure they will be able to get the colours sorted out :)

Lenny

I think that's the best thing to do, I'm sure they will be able to get the colours sorted out :)

cheers mate,

would be cheaper on me too because Halfords are 12euro per can of the stuff, and then id still have to pay labour costs for spraying that section in the body shop :lol:

so 12euro for one can is enough and just pay the body shop for the labour and paint would be cheaper than buying 4 or 5 cans plus labour costs

For colour inspirations take a look at the back end of a Kuga as they have contrasting skirt colours too.

For colour inspirations take a look at the back end of a Kuga as they have contrasting skirt colours too.

thanks mate,

the colour the have chosen for the diffuser on the kuga looks good in the darker models but it seems to be brighter than the moondust silver on this model looks like alluminium,

but it goes good with the moondust silver on the kuga it because of the black bumper either side, and i like the duplex exhaust peaking through like hard nipples on a wet T-Shirt ^_^ .... :lol:

SY61VRT3.jpg

mediaCAWVT7Q8_2162112273.jpg

hey lenny got some pics of me rear for you hahaha sorry had to be done....

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

if you need any specific views or angles just let me know...

im looking to get the ignition light, scuff plates and a set of mud flaps soon... i was also thinking of getting a new muffler end as the standard zetec s ones make it look like a diesel the way its pointing down. but this could prove awkward with the rear diffuser!!

hey lenny got some pics of me rear for you hahaha sorry had to be done....

if you need any specific views or angles just let me know...

im looking to get the ignition light, scuff plates and a set of mud flaps soon... i was also thinking of getting a new muffler end as the standard zetec s ones make it look like a diesel the way its pointing down. but this could prove awkward with the rear diffuser!!

Nice one mate, i love your rear :wub:

looks good, could you go under the car and take some pictures of the panel where it joins to the bumper in the centre,

also european parts stock and sell a lovely stainless steel duplex system, but for the rear box, duplex pipes and stright piece to connect to the cat.

for those 3 items in stainless steel with chrome tips they want 732euro including postage via DHL

and :o theirs nothing wrong with a diesel ;)

i managed to bag some Focus RS Milltek trims to fit on mine, will get these fitted to an aftermarket box, all in due time...might be dropping off the rear bumper, diffuser and front skirt for spraying - price dependant. if its too high then i will give it a go myself.

i managed to bag some Focus RS Milltek trims to fit on mine, will get these fitted to an aftermarket box, all in due time...might be dropping off the rear bumper, diffuser and front skirt for spraying - price dependant. if its too high then i will give it a go myself.

good find their mate,

you will be able to fit your whole hand in to those pipes once fitted,

but will look like a full milltek system from the outside because im sure milltek is stamped on the pipe ends.

Okay so got down in the dirt to get some underneath pics

post-30730-0-44267400-1334931202_thumb.j

post-30730-0-40938600-1334931239_thumb.j

post-30730-0-50694900-1334931244_thumb.j

post-30730-0-43534800-1334931247_thumb.j

post-30730-0-78467400-1334931250_thumb.j

post-30730-0-78530100-1334931283_thumb.j

post-30730-0-20512300-1334931317_thumb.j

post-30730-0-18515400-1334931351_thumb.j

post-30730-0-66428200-1334931387_thumb.j

post-30730-0-46014000-1334932510_thumb.j

post-30730-0-52138500-1334931427_thumb.j

post-30730-0-64175600-1334932544_thumb.j

post-30730-0-68976800-1334932577_thumb.j

Sorry about the mud :S hasn't had a wash in two weeks

Basically it just mounts in exactly the same places as the original bumper, the last two pics show one mounting for the side skirts, they have three screws per side all mount underneath the car

Hope this helps :)

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

on the last pic it looks as though they have used abit of silicone to join the two parts?? its hard to work out from under the car... im hoping this makes more sense to you lenny??

and i like the duplex exhaust peaking through like hard nipples on a wet T-Shirt ^_^ .... :lol:

I'm getting very worried about you <_<

I think you're spending too much time around cars. :P

Okay so got down in the dirt to get some underneath pics

Sorry about the mud :S hasn't had a wash in two weeks

Basically it just mounts in exactly the same places as the original bumper, the last two pics show one mounting for the side skirts, they have three screws per side all mount underneath the car

Hope this helps :)

Hi mate,

thanks for taking the pictures and dont worry about the mud :) i didnt get any fitting instructions with the side skirts just the front and rear parts came with fitting instructions, so its good to know that they are supported by three screws under neath the car aswell as the pop in clips along the side of the body and some tiger seal. i have printed these pictures for future reference :D

on the last pic it looks as though they have used abit of silicone to join the two parts?? its hard to work out from under the car... im hoping this makes more sense to you lenny??

Thanks for all of the pictures mate,

i have printed all of them to A4 size so i can study them in further detail, and it looks like they used some body kit glue to hold it on along with the rivets, the fitting guide also recommends to use some body kit glue from ford but it costs over 70 so im going with grey tiger seal would be just as good as the ford stuff

im really happy with the information and support im recieveing from all of you regarding this modification and really looking foward to the first week of next month when the ball starts rolling on this.

I'm getting very worried about you <_<

I think you're spending too much time around cars. :P

Hi clive,

sorry to cause concern mate :lol:

im getting overly excited about getting the kit fitted, its been on my list of things to do for a hell of a long time now,

and its finally going to happen so im really excited lol its like waiting for santa to arrive,

because i know what im going to get but i dont know how good its actually going to be :lol: depends on the body shop,

but he made a good job on the rear spoiler and he's 54 years old been spraying since he left school so should be ok,

just cant wait to look out the window and see a moondust silver zetec s parked in the drive.

the zetec s is not available from the ford garage over here,

only available in the uk and some have imported them to ireland but ive only ever saw one Zs focus in ireland and it had northern reg plates on it, so mine will stand out from the crowed a bit.

Update:

went to my local Halfords store today and to my surprise they didnt have any cans of Ford Metallic Sea Grey in stock or any sign of an empty space where it would be coming in neither,

so i picked up a can of Ford Metallic Moondust Silver to represent my focus, and then picked up other cans of grey and put them next to each other until i found the correct contrast i was looking for,

so i initally was going to purchase some Ford Metallic Graphite Grey but it seemed to be a little too dark for the diffuser section,

see sample below

113452680.jpg

898b-car-ford-mondeo-2.jpg

so instead i Purchased a can of Peugeot Metalic Graphite Grey which is a slightly brighter shade and i think it looks good when next to the metallic moondust silver on the rear diffuser.

See Images of Paint colour Below:

peugeot-407-saloon-diesel_2154891.jpg

4072020LAGUNA20008.jpg

unfortunitly they didnt have any tiger seal or anything at all for fitting body kit panels :(

i asked the girl for some body kit adhesive or similar and she handed me a tube of two part glue 9euro for a 50ml tube :lol:

how many of those would i need to fit the side skirts?

so ill be purchasing the tiger seal from eBay

Good effort mate.

Another thing that will stick well is windscreen sealant.

Good effort mate.

Cheers mate,

dropped my front skirt and rear bumper off to the painters today. will collect it next week. gonna paint the rear difsuser myself - gloss black. hoping to fit it all at some point soon!

Another thing you might be able to try is Mirror adhesive , i stuck a 2m x 2.5m glass mirror in my bathroom , 2 years ago and it's not moved thank fully , i remember when reading it , it said it bonds to wood , plaster , plastic , metal. it cost £10 per cartridge.

dropped my front skirt and rear bumper off to the painters today. will collect it next week. gonna paint the rear difsuser myself - gloss black. hoping to fit it all at some point soon!

Nice one mate,

will you fit them yourself or get the body shop to do it? and any idea on how much its going to cost for the spraying in the body shop?

Another thing you might be able to try is Mirror adhesive , i stuck a 2m x 2.5m glass mirror in my bathroom , 2 years ago and it's not moved thank fully , i remember when reading it , it said it bonds to wood , plaster , plastic , metal. it cost £10 per cartridge.

Thanks for the tips guys,

im going to use this stuff to fit the front lip, rear skirt and side skirts, along with the rivets and screws etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U-pol-Tiger-Seal-Pu-Adhesive-Sealant-310ml-Grey-x-2-/180693179036?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item2a12271a9c

gonna fit the bits myself. the front skirt is bonded on - tiger seal

the rear bumper and diffuser will be put together and then bolted on.

another product that you can use is "stick like sh*t" which you can buy from screwfix. it works in the wet too and and what it says on the tube!

gonna fit the bits myself. the front skirt is bonded on - tiger seal

the rear bumper and diffuser will be put together and then bolted on.

another product that you can use is "stick like sh*t" which you can buy from screwfix. it works in the wet too and and what it says on the tube!

we dont have screwfix over here mate,

so im going to import some grey Tiger Seal

i also spotted this rubber lip on eBay looks good, think ill purchase a strip and try it out on the front lip once fitted as it may prevent any scuffs from appearing around the bottom of it

http://www.ebay.co.u..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

they also have a fitting guide here:

https://docs.google....&hl=en_US&pli=1

looks good and comes with pre-Drilled holes on it for easy fitting.

they have also sucked me in with the catchy tune and advertising lmao

Hi Lenny, it'll be good to see all the new gear fitted! B)

Given your skills though mate, i'm surprised you aren't having a go at painting the bits yourself...

I only use my local (excellent) bodyshop for main panel work nowadays, i do a fair amount of home painting these days it seems, i've done quite a few sets of wheels for mates with good old rattle cans in my shed B)

Colour coded the alloys On my Ford Freda last year...

DSC00303-2.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

The pull out awning on my mate's Freda...

DSC00156-6.jpg

Various sets of alloys...

DSC00212-1.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

And even my bike! :D (from a dubious red/white colour scheme to good old Ford Sea grey with rainbow metalflake) :P

DSC00168-5.jpg

DSC00276-2.jpg

Hi Lenny, it'll be good to see all the new gear fitted! B)

Given your skills though mate, i'm surprised you aren't having a go at painting the bits yourself...

I only use my local (excellent) bodyshop for main panel work nowadays, i do a fair amount of home painting these days it seems, i've done quite a few sets of wheels for mates with good old rattle cans in my shed B)

Colour coded the alloys On my Ford Freda last year...

DSC00303-2.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

Man I’d love to be your next door neighbour, all the beautiful kit you have and the modifications even your mountain bike is modified mate,

I’d be out waxing your cars every Saturday for you, just so as I could see what mods your doing next lol bravo.gif

thanks for the comments and vote of confidence in me too mate I’m really looking forward to seeing it fitted its been talked about for ages but finally happening, and I’m crap at spraying I haven’t got the patience to do it, the only thing I’ve ever sprayed was my rear view mirror in the focus plus I’ve got two little girls aged 4 and 6 who are in to everything so a wet painted panel from the car would be a disaster when they decide to play football in the garden lol

the easy option is to get the body shop guy to do it, plus he done my st spoiler when i bought the car and he made an excellent job of it and charged me mates rate, because a mate recommended i go to him,

he isn’t my local body shop he is 130km away from where I live but he’s top man with a sprayer.

Hey Lenny thanks for the comments mate! My neighbours might disagree with you though mate... There's no other car fella's down my street i'm afraid :huh:

I'm a bit of a pain actually, as once i get an idea in my head, i'll sit there for weeks till i either break it, or solve it, or chuck it!

Would now be a good time to reveal the hours i spent flush fitting an LED into each brake block of my bike, with an actuation sensor so the brake blocks glowed when i pressed the brakes?

DSC00289-1.jpg

Yep! Sometimes i have TOO much times on my hands mate! :D :D :D

I'm well in with my bodyshop guy too, he's taught me a lot down the years, and he's a great fella for bouncing ideas back and forth... He always listens, and contemplates any problems i may encounter, and to be honest, if i fetch him a "50 quid job" half the time he doesn't charge me and jokes to "remember him at christmas" (hic) :P

I know what you mean about having "liccle un's" knocking about after painting though... I've only just last year treated myself to a home built monster shed, designed primarily for little painting jobs here or there, it's my new home from home! B)

I can't wait to see your motor when all the new bits are on... It'll make such a difference to an already really smart car.