Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Problem

moy24

My central locking is playing up. I can lock all the doors with the key fob but the drivers door wont lock so i have to lock that door with the key BUT it unlocks with the key fob. So drivers door cant be locked with key fob but can unlock with the key fob any ideas anyone.

Water has got onto the drivers door lock. :angry:

Water has got onto the drivers door lock. :angry:

how do i fix it any idea

how do i fix it any idea

Ill leave that answer to another member, but it could mean taking the door apart and cleaning or replacing the lock, then replacing the door / window seal to prevent water getting back in; I had the same problem on my last Mondeo but I got rid of it as it was leaking like a sieve at 12 years old before having the chance to sort it out. I'm sure somebody will give you better instructions on what to do. :unsure:

hi the best way to find out what is going on is to take the door card off & have a proper look ,it could be a few things eg,loose wire,loose connection,door mech,use a circuit tester flick your door catch over test the wires to see if you have a live feed when you press the lock button on your fob if you dont like i say check the connectors make sure there not loose, if you do have a live feed its prob the door mech

hi the best way to find out what is going on is to take the door card off & have a proper look ,it could be a few things eg,loose wire,loose connection,door mech,use a circuit tester flick your door catch over test the wires to see if you have a live feed when you press the lock button on your fob if you dont like i say check the connectors make sure there not loose, if you do have a live feed its prob the door mech

i will have a good look and see whats going on hopefuly il do it on sunday thanks mate il keep u inform what happens so next time my post might help otheres

defo keep me informed mate,hope you sort it out, nothing worse when something is not working :)

defo keep me informed mate,hope you sort it out, nothing worse when something is not working :)

I will mate its just funny when i lock it with the key i still can unlock it with the fob it just wont lock with the fob.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club