Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Ford Fiesta

France

I have the latest model bought here in France in January, it's the "Trend Pack" 2 door model 1.25 82 bhp model.

I am not happy with the steering, on the highway i have to keep adjusting the wheel to keep it in a straight line as it seems to move about as if the rear is controlling too much the front end of the car= steering?

Thought at first being light It might be the wind, but it is another problem.

It leans on the corners, quite a lot of body roll compared to my old Focus, and another thing I have discovered I cannot use 95 grade E10 fuel, (there is hardly a service station in the South still selling it ) so I have to buy 98 grade which now is so damn dear.

The salesman said I will have to buy an adaptor in order to use it...apart from a couple of gripes I like the car.

Thanks

Anthony

As above checking tracking and tyres sound like good ideas.

The fiesta is fairly light and does occasionally get blown about in crosswinds. The fiesta has a cruder rear suspension layout when compared with the focus, so this might be why it feels different. Fiestas can take 95 or 98 ron fuel no problem, the 98 ron petrol probably isn't worth it for the price, many have tested it. It's strange you need an adapter for it in France, are the fuel nozzles different at the petrol station? In the UK ours will take either 95/98.

I'd check tyres and tracking

I will check this, the car wants to veer left across the centre line, but there is no indication (as in a normal steering setup) of the wheel pulling to one side?

Thanks

As above checking tracking and tyres sound like good ideas.

The fiesta is fairly light and does occasionally get blown about in crosswinds. The fiesta has a cruder rear suspension layout when compared with the focus, so this might be why it feels different. Fiestas can take 95 or 98 ron fuel no problem, the 98 ron petrol probably isn't worth it for the price, many have tested it. It's strange you need an adapter for it in France, are the fuel nozzles different at the petrol station? In the UK ours will take either 95/98.

Actually I felt he meant an adaptor for the engine?

According to the handbook I cannot use ( 95 E10 ethanol blend ) it mentions only normal 95 or 98

I don't know honestly if the nozzles are different? never used it in the Focus either as they said models from 2000 only when mine was Jan 2000; thought it was a bit close!

I noticed lowered springs are available from spare parts, these too might improve handling!

Thanks

I will check this, the car wants to veer left across the centre line, but there is no indication (as in a normal steering setup) of the wheel pulling to one side?

Thanks

When you hold the wheel perfectly straight does the car pull to the side? Mine was like this from the factory and I took it to get the suspension set up properly with laser alignment.

When you hold the wheel perfectly straight does the car pull to the side? Mine was like this from the factory and I took it to get the suspension set up properly with laser alignment.

Yes; almost as if the car itself is out of alignment or rather the suspension is rear to front.

I don't notice it downtown or on small rural roads only when I get on the motorway and speed up to say 90-100kph and have to concentrate not to cross the centre line.

Thanks I will drop down and tell them

Called in this morning to a Ford Dealer, he said to get the aligment checked at my cost because it's only guaranteed to 2500 kms and I have done 3400.

Be interesting to see if its not this will I be refunded?

I don't know how it works in France but over here I think the check itself is free and you just pay if it's out of alignment. When I had mine done they had the wheels connected up to a computer so I could see how many degrees it was out by, and I could watch the wheels being straightened on the screen as they were doing it.

I don't know how it works in France but over here I think the check itself is free and you just pay if it's out of alignment. When I had mine done they had the wheels connected up to a computer so I could see how many degrees it was out by, and I could watch the wheels being straightened on the screen as they were doing it.

My dealership is a strange one; Toyota and Ford back to back, they share the same reception and workshop have separate showrooms but are under different names.

I am not going myself to the tyre company opposite (as they suggested which they use for wheel alignments), because there is a risk if nothing is found i will have to pay? lol

I am not convinced it's an alignment problem; I know what this does to a car, but maybe on the other hand electric power steering can mask things?

Thanks for your help ; your car is the same colour as mine ? called "Noir Scala" here paid 400 euros extra for it, plus I have tinted rear windows, it's the model here just below the Titanium

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club