Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! [Video] Installing Usb Update

iNath

• 8 months later...

Anything new at all on it?

Release: November 2012

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Improved energy management in connection with USB and bluetooth devices

• 2 weeks later...

Will my car already have this update if I bought it second hand from a ford dealer in November?

Will my car already have this update if I bought it second hand from a ford dealer in November?

Most probably not. Does not hurt to do it again.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've downloaded the mobile connectivity update,

but when I tried to execute the update it keep showing update running please wait to almost 1 hour without any sign of successful update...

So I just turn off the car and try it again for the 2nd time,

which is still the same.

Is there any way to solve this kind of problem?

And do I need to reset my Headunit first before I try it again for the third time.

If so, may I know how to do it?

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Just tried this and got to the part when you turn the ignition to point 2 and then nothing happened...

I'm guessing it already has the update, although my bluetooth randomly cuts out sometimes :/

• 1 year later...

Hi. Anywhere this can be downloaded from now, as the link no longer works? Thanks.

You're a star - thanks!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Anyone know if you can update the Non-USB version? Having a few issues with the bluetooth I want to try and resolve without paying extortionate Dealer labour of £95 an hour

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Great post. I have just purchased my 09 Fiesta Titanium and I don't have the update so I can only use my bluetooth for phone and no music.

I have followed the instructions on this thread and I cannot get it to update.

Here is what I have done:

Downloaded Nov12 zip file and extracted it to my computer.

Transferred all 21 files to a FAT32 Formatted USB stick

turned radio on without the car started

Inserted USB stick

Pushed the power button but did not start the engine (keyless)

Message then comes up "Update failed. Please restart update"

I haven't hard reset the system as I am not sure how to do that. I don't have the options that are listed above.

Any help will be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Been running for over an hour and a half. Maybe it's time to pay the dealership :(

I guess so. That is an extra £100 JUST for the diagnosis!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is the most recent link on this thread still valid and has anyone has any better luck since the previous posters?

Hey Dan,

No advance on this issue yet. It still hasn't updated but it could be that it is not for my Head-unit but wont know until I go to a dealer. I settled in buying a bluetooth Adapter for my 3.5 Jack. Works a treat but No steering wheel functions :(

Here the link for the adapter if anyone can use it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291360200103?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 4 months later...

I have fiesta style 2014 would this be up to date?

Sorry to add to the list of problems! I have a 2011 mk3 ford focus titanium X. When i plug my iPhone into the USB slot the track info appears on the screen of what should be playing, but no sound is heard. I only bought the car about a month ago and i don't think any updates has been done on the Sony radio in my car. bluetooth is crackly too, sounds as if my music is being played on an old record player.

Any idea where i can get an update?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 7:36 PM, Tony Sutherland said:

Sorry to add to the list of problems! I have a 2011 mk3 ford focus titanium X. When i plug my iPhone into the USB slot the track info appears on the screen of what should be playing, but no sound is heard. I only bought the car about a month ago and i don't think any updates has been done on the Sony radio in my car. Bluetooth is crackly too, sounds as if my music is being played on an old record player.

Any idea where i can get an update?

Exactly my problem. Been trying to get some answers for the past 6 months or so to no avail. I've checked forums, apple website troubleshooter/forums, the lot. Please, if anyone has any new ideas on the matter give us a shout,

Ta.

• 7 months later...
On 01/07/2016 at 9:16 AM, Lav89 said:

Exactly my problem. Been trying to get some answers for the past 6 months or so to no avail. I've checked forums, apple website troubleshooter/forums, the lot. Please, if anyone has any new ideas on the matter give us a shout,

Ta.

You need the November Update, i bought a 2011 Zetec S recently and had the same issue with the usb and no audio, the november update enables audio through the usb port, also improved bluetooth, took me about 20mins and was all done

Chris

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have followed the instructions except my Ford Kuga (first registered in UK on 15.01.11) does not even attempt to read the USB stick when it is inserted in to the car's USB port and I then press the car’s Start button (I have a key-less model).

I have definitely put the files in the root directory of the USB stick and there are no other files on the USB stick that I can see. Any ideas?

I have also tried burning the files to a CD-RW but the Sony car stereo just said it is a Data CD and ejects it.

Many thanks
Neil

• 1 year later...

Hi, i have a BT module(8M5T-19C112-Ak) and a usb cable 8M5T-14D202-BB, i want connect them on my car, but i dont know how where the cable position is..and i dont know if i need a usb connector or not? Where is the end of the cable connected to the glovebox??

Thanks in advance,Cosmin.

• 2 years later...

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but got an infuriating problem with the system in my 2010 Titanium (after installing the November 2012 update):

When I connect my iPhone via either AUX with USB cable, or via bluetooth, the car's system has some kind of autoplay function where it starts playing the music on my iPhone, even though I do not want this at all, and only want to have the navigation apps directions coming through the car Speakers.

Force closing the music app just means the car opens it up again and starts playing again. Pause the track playing and the car unpauses it!

The car settings have no options anywhere like "switch off autoplay" and nor are there any on the iPhone.

I can't believe any manufacturer/programmer would have been dumb enough to include this as a feature rather than a bug, so hoping someone has a way of disabling this?

And/or are there any updates post November 2012 which could be used?

Thanks in advance!

• Sad 1

Zero profile information generally = zero replies

SPAM BOT.JPG

• Like 1