Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Head Unit 2008 Titanium

greggp

Hi all

Well over the last few wks Ive been thinking about wether to replace this factory head unit or not! I love the sound of this unit but hate the fact no ipod control or bluetooth!!! I checked the version by pressing #1 & #6 on the unit....turns out is version 04.05.02 with a june07 build date, pants!!!!

I'm pretty certain from reading other threads that bluetooth & usb upgrade cannot be done with this version! Why on earth is there a red/green phone button on these if you can't connect phone to??? I have mic interior light thingy but not checked behind this yet or for that fact not had glovebox out either. Doubt there is any bt module in there!

I'm tempted for an aftermarket dvd/gps system but they are pretty pricey! Seen some on web (car-vision.co.uk) same shape for direct replacement and some cheaper versions on eBay but not sure of build or audio quality.

Failing that i will try and relocate the aux cable to a better position as my ipod is few years old now with battery quality so needs to be near the 12v charger, dunno if i can maybe get cable into centre storage.

I may be corrected on this but to my knowledge you would be able to use the bluetooth feature if you were to obtain a module. ( check it doesn't already have one first ) there is a way of checking,,,, Google 'ford etis' click on vehicle and enter your vin number, this will show everything your car left the factory with and various other info. I also think that there are several programs / functions on the car that need to be unlocked by ford, at a price of course. I'm sure I've read somewhere that bluetooth may be one of these options. It's worth checking things before going down other routes, hope this is of some help, regards, Mike.

hey gregg i routed an aux lead from the glove box to come out where the ash tray would be picture below

a0e72731.jpg

Excellent, that was "plan b" was it easy enough to do, no obstructions? I watched a youtube link on how to remove stereo, looked simple enough. Where does the cable go to? Does it go back to the Aux port in the glovebox or did u link it to rear of the head unit?

I did a similar thing.

As my car did not come with an aux fitted I bought a cable with the c block for the radio on one end and a 3.5 on the other end.

As mine is the Mk2 the lighter socket is in the front tray and I ran the cable down behind the switch panel to a Griffin iPod controller plugged into the lighter socket.

Only cable visible is the one between the controller and the iPod.

hey gregg no i just plugged it into the aux in the glove box theres a hole at back so just made it a bit bigger then routed it down you have to take the side panel off on the passanger side of the centre console, how i did it was i felt behind where ash try would be and then used a drill bit to drill hole just making sure i didnt hit anything behind th console lot easyer then dissmantling the whole car few pics below

6ba00a34.jpg

f6a86e70.jpg

e6037b9c.jpg

hey gregg no i just plugged it into the aux in the glove box theres a hole at back so just made it a bit bigger then routed it down you have to take the side panel off on the passanger side of the centre console, how i did it was i felt behind where ash try would be and then used a drill bit to drill hole just making sure i didnt hit anything behind th console lot easyer then dissmantling the whole car few pics below

You could do what I did which required no panel removal and run the AUX cable down the gap under it and out the bottom of the glove box and tuck it under the panel which you have mentioned to remove. remove the two bolts that hold the armrest in place which makes the unit loose and push to one side and feed up through the bottom of the armrest's compartment.

This is where I have mine and find it perfect.

see;

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29843-belkin-bluetooth-kit-for-aux-port/

Just fit the bluetooth, i have done it, was an easy job, and you can fit a module which will have usb support, best idea really need any info pm me :)

• 9 months later...

Just fit the bluetooth, i have done it, was an easy job, and you can fit a module which will have usb support, best idea really need any info pm me smile.png

Hi Dave

I know this thread is a bit old now, but I was also under the impression that you can't add bluetooth to the 04.05.02 firmware version Sony stereo. Can you confirm that you've got bluetooth working on that firmware version? (i.e. hold 1 and 6 down while the stereo is running)

cheers

Danny