Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please

bigdave1986

Hi everyone I'm new here hope I'm doing this in the right place lol well I have a 2.0 mk1 focus and want to mod it but on abit of a budget atm was hoping someone might have some ideas wat I could do that isn't going to break the bank also has anyone got any idea what the largest alloys I could get to fit my focus yes I am completly clueless this is my first car lol hopefully someome out there can help cheers

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.

Easy mods - Change your front and side indicator lenses to clear ones with amber bulbs.

LED numberplate bulbs (38mm festoon).

Clear rear fog light conversion (european lens with red bulb - 5 minute job)

Gel badge overlays from DMB Graphics.

Lockwood door sills.

Just little touches but will make the car your own.

Wheel size? not my area of expertise i'm afraid.

There are plenty here that will be able to advise you much better than i could.

thanks clive will have a look into them are they mods i will be able to do myself easily?

All straightforward jobs mate.

If you need any more ideas/advice plenty of people here will be more than happy to chip in.

Please keep us posted with work you do and plenty of photos please - we're generally nosey here. ^_^

He's not joking about being nosey ... I found stoney lurking in my kitchen last night dressed like burglar bill.

Be cautious of him he was trying to spy on my future modding plans :)

He's not joking about being nosey ... I found stoney lurking in my kitchen last night dressed like burglar bill.

Be cautious of him he was trying to spy on my future modding plans :)

Shhhhh! You'll scare the poor bugger away. ;)

I'm a gamekeeper not a poacher, if it was me it would have been full riot gear and an X26.

Or a flowery dress and a long blonde wig on my days off Ooops! :#

I knew you was not natural blonde!

Ps not pointing any fingers *neon arrow sign points to stoney* but some cookies are missing ... Obviously I didn't eat them *guilty look* so it was you :P .. don't worry u forgive you as they are on a by one get one free promo so my back up is hidden in the glove box where the kids will never look ha!

Hope you had a good weekend mate, been ducking and diving the rain myself.

I knew you was not natural blonde!

OOhhh you little gossip ... ^_^

Ps not pointing any fingers *neon arrow sign points to stoney* but some cookies are missing

I'm strictly a Jammy Dodger type of guy. :P

I could sneak in and out and you wouldn't hear or see a thing - that's what the wife reckons anyway.. :huh:

double entendre from Stoney me wonders... :P

BigDave, are you looking to make it look pretty, or go quickly!

alloys maximum without issues is 18 which i think look a bit big 17s look better but youll need to lower it a bit .

you can fit the st airbox and intake with almost no mucking around

scrap yards are a god send for the mk1 as you will find easy upgrades frod the ghia simple stuff i have the gear knob from the mk2 2.5 that fits and adds a nice touch simply screws on

you can shorten the stock ariel as well try focus hacks for a list

double entendre from Stoney me wonders...

;)

Thanks a lot will have a look for some 17's how much do u think I will need to lower it? And jeebo I'm looking to make it look pretty coz since its my first car and its a 2 litre its gonna cost me enough on the insurance as it is lol any other ideas other than what stoney came up with. Stoney I've bought a few of the bits once they arrive and have fit them will upload some more pics thanks

to be honest mate, you dont want to do anything too extensive to attract attention, I would say go with little mods, rather than resrpaying the whole car in a union jack! little, but sweet mods like the fourth brake light behind the badge, and LED's inside to give a bit of ambience.

Other than that, look for the likes of a chrome grill, and up the wheels. Do enough to make it look a little sharper, but not enough to concern your insurers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club