Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Admiral Insurance Mod's

AR-Fiesta

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone is through Admiral and has mod's on their car ?

Cause im looking to change my standard wheel trims to alloys, get windows tinted but I'm only 17 and the insurance is under my mum and im 2nd driver, and I know that the insurance will go up but I dont know how much by?

Anyone got any thoughts on this

Cheers

The only way to find out is to ring them and ask. I was with them last year and had no issues tinting my windows (I was 21)

Also, I do hope your Mum drives the car more than you otherwise you're "fronting" which is insurance fraud and the policy should be in your name. Nasty consequences if you get caught [/friendly warning] ;)

The only way to find out is to ring them and ask. I was with them last year and had no issues tinting my windows (I was 21)

Also, I do hope your Mum drives the car more than you otherwise you're "fronting" which is insurance fraud and the policy should be in your name. Nasty consequences if you get caught [/friendly warning] ;)

Yeah il need to phone up and ask.

Yes my mum drives it everyday to work, I only ever really drive the car at weekend.

Yeah il need to phone up and ask.

Yes my mum drives it everyday to work, I only ever really drive the car at weekend.

Good covering of !Removed! there.

;)

Good covering of !Removed! there.

;)

:lol:

Admiral are very easy going on mods, so you should be fine. But for your age, the price jump will be massive.

If I change the wheel trims to rims, roughly how much do you think the insurance will go up ?

If I change the wheel trims to rims, roughly how much do you think the insurance will go up ?

There are too many variables to even hazard a guess - it will be anywhere from free > we won't even quote you. They're open till 10pm, give them a call now and ask for a quote if you were to do it.

Just so you know, in the event of a claim they wont replace the modifications... they will put the car back to standard. All they are doing by you declaring them is sitll agreeing to cover the car. Admiral offer Modifications cover but it is only up to £500 but this is an optional extra. Below is from their website.

Admiral's Modification Cover contributes towards the cost of replacing

non-standard parts or modifications fitted to your car.

Buying Modifications Cover

To add our Modifications Cover to your policy, make sure you choose the option when you buy your Admiral car insurance online - or tell the advisor if you phone us for a quote.

• Compensation of up to £500
    or 10% of the vehicle market value, whichever is less
  • Compensation for disability modifications
    up to £2,500 or 15% of the vehicle market value, whichever is less
  • Maximum of one claim per policy term
    subject to a £50 excess
    Choose from our extensive list of modifications including alloys, Exhausts, Spoilers, Bodykits, plus Disability Modifications.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club