Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Insurers And Mobile Phone Users

Stoney871

Spotted this and found it interesting.

Insurers have found another way to clobber Drivers.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/car-insurers-refuse-to-cover-mobile-phone-offenders.html

Fair enough that using a Phone without a hands free device while driving is an offence but typical of Insurers to find a way of cashing in.

Fair enough that using a Phone without a hands free device while driving is an offence but typical of Insurers to find a way of cashing in.

I actually have no problem with this. Too many times you see a badly driven car and, when you get past it, nine times out of ten they are on the phone. The current penalty is clearly no deterrent to a lot of people so anything additional that can try and reinforce to drivers that they shouldn't be doing this is welcome in my eyes.

Interesting. I too agree, bluetooth earpieces are available very cheaply, and there's really no excuse for texting whilst driving.

Interesting. I too agree, bluetooth earpieces are available very cheaply, and there's really no excuse for texting whilst driving.

Agreed. bluetooth kits are cheap! If you want to use your phone that badly then surely you should just get one.

I installed a bluetooth kit to my car which cost me around £25, barely use it as I do short trips now but if I do long ones I connect my phone and use it when needed and if I do I make calls short. It's mainly used for playing music from my phone to my car.

My sister does a 30min drive to work every day. On her way home she ALWAYS phones people, I always ignore her as I know she doesn't even have a hands free kit. She's been told off by a copper before and he let her off if she promised to get a bluetooth kit... year later and she still hasn't got one!

I bought a bluetooth headset off eBay for £3.99, it works, it allows me to answer calls, and if I need to make one, I either tap to redial, or pull over and dial the number, then use the bluetooth to talk.

it works, and theres no excuse, I would rather pay £5 for a cheap bluetooth, than £60 + Premium hike...

I hate drivers on their mobile, OK, so in a multi storey car park, if you are driving at less than 10mph, its one thing, but 80+ on a motorway...

I am glad they are cashing in on it, shame they dont re-invest their profit...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club