Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Or 1.25 Fiesta?

tomloaf

I am looking for a car for my wife a small run about. So after talking with a friend he recommended the 1.25 fiesta 5dr. As it turned out these are like hens teeth around me at my price bracket. My friend was told by another friend to stay away from the 1.4 as parts are a murder to get and a lot more expensive. Have other people found this?

regards

Tom

Surely the same model, same revision, would be seen as the same car for parts?

What parts specifically?

If you have a 1.25 and 1.4 mk 6 fiesta, then the parts shouldnt be that hard to find for each?!? (MK6 is an example).

With regards to the 1.25 its a 'pokey' little engine, but packs a bit of a surprise, OK so your not going to disappear into the sunset before thinking of touching the gas, but its nimble, light and for a runaround, its worth it!

I have bee told by this friend that the parts are heard to come by and thought someone might have some experience

I had a 1.4 fiesta (52 reg) and was nice for what I needed it for. not a hell of a lot to insure either.

Parts etc. I had a clutch replaced costing around £180. cambelt quoted at £150 (same garage that did clutch).

I never replaced the brakes but the rears were due but I sold it and didn't change them. Never had problems with anything else, but the reason I sold it was due to it burning oil and having a rattle from the engine... the car had done 90k mined and 30k of it was from me driving it :rolleyes: ..

air and oil filters aren't much I also replaced these on my car. Looked like the air filter had never been replaced from new mind!

My friend was told by another friend to stay away from the 1.4 as parts are a murder to get and a lot more expensive.

what parts would these be??

Surely you should be looking at something cheap to run and insure if your wife just needs something to go to and from the shops and pick you up from the pub.

I do want something cheap to insure as you say but I also want it a regular starter an a new car. I would go with the 1.25 but as said they are like hens teeth where I am.

I would rather spend a bit more and have the car for longer rather than replace it every few years.

Go for the 1.25 all day long the 1.4 gives nothing but engine trouble coz its just an oversized 1.25. parts are not necessarily dearer as a previous comment said most parts are the same as the base is the same. your call though but Id buy 1.25 everytime it will be worth the looking buy well serviced examples only revvy little engines need care. not sure what age your looking for but older cars watch for rattley engines and walk away if servicing is out of line (12.5k/12yrs)

id go for the 1.4 because ive been told that the 1.25 engines are to soft. Also the 1.4 is better and safer for overtaken cars.

id go for the 1.4 because ive been told that the 1.25 engines are to soft. Also the 1.4 is better and safer for overtaken cars.

Great point

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club