Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Auxiliary Belt

scrappydoo

Hello,

Got a Street KA and the auxiliary belt is squeaking all the time. Belt looks newish so I'm thinking tensioner or water pump.....how would I go about replacing either of these as access seems poor....am I looking at removing the front bumper/wing trim to improve access or is there a better way?

Cheers

Have confirmed that it is the tensioner after squirting liubricate onto it, the noise stopped for a brief time.

has anhyone ever changed the tensioner and if so do you have a rough guide?

Sorry mate, I took ours to the garage to get done as its just to tight and I couldnt be botherede spending hours underneath the thing.

One thing I found with the SportKA is if I cant see the part clearly, its a garage job.

Got the new tensioner and it's a big bugger! Not sure how to remove the old tensioner....it must involve removal of PAS pump and alternator but still unsure of access.

Been looking at getting a copy of TIS but every download on t'internet seems a bit iffy. Has anyone got access to is who can give me an idea of where to start?

Having done some digging it appears the inlet manifold has to come off to enable better access.

Having done some digging it appears the inlet manifold has to come off to enable better access.

Bugger. Make sure it seals OK when you put it back.

Almost done but need to know how to replace the auxiliary belt.....I took pictures of how the belt is routed so that isn't an issue but need to know how to slip it over all the pulleys......the tensioner doesn't seem like a conventional one in that you can de-tension/loosen it to enable the belt to slip on.

Anyone that's changed an auxiliary belt on one should be able to help.

After speaking to the dealers I have finally cracked it!

when fitting the belt you have to remove the front drivers side headlight (if not done so already) and turn the 15mm pulley bolt (on the top tensioner pulley) clockwise.....this then loosens the tensioner enabling the belt to slip over.

So just to confirm to anyone who needs to change their alternator, auxiliary belt tensioner, or just the belt that it is NOT a stretchy belt and it can be removed with cutting it off and it can be reused. Just follow the above to loosen the tensioner and you can slip the belt on or off as many times as you like!

Inlet manifold has to be removed to gain access to the tensioner and although the alternator can be removed without removing the inlet manifold on a Street/Sport 1.6 KA, it makes then job a lot easier if it is removed and it's only 2 lower torx bolts (remove the oil filter to make access to the one easier, and the other one requires the throttle housing removed to get to it), and 5 top bolts that are fairly easy to get to.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club