Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Facelift (2010 59 Plate) Radio Wiring?

Wayne Brian Pearsall

hi guys.

ive got a sony dab head unit in my focus titanium.

i have a 3.5mm jack and usb port in my center arm rest. i took my radio out, and fitted a dvd player, but now my aux and usb are useless...

the back of my new radio has these inputs in the back... so i would like to use them - so...

i have a SOT-092s lead, i want to cut and splice a usb male plug onto the correct wires... but even with my MM cannot tell which wire is which...

i worked out the steering control wires fine... but the aux and usb wires???? nope...

does anybody know which wire is which? it would help me out loads.

if you have a pin -> description list or wiring diagram...

thanks!!!!

Hi mate,

The aux and USB ports don't plug into the headunit, they plug into the factory bluetooth module behind the glovebox, then use the bluetooth input to connect to the headunit,

As far as I know, unless the new DVD headunit you fitted runs off the factory bluetooth module, the aux and USB will be useless

I'm sure there is a guide on here on how to remove the glovebox, then find the Bluetooth module and you maybe able to rewire from there

Hope this helps, sorry no pics

Wayne, can you not get a usb and 3.5mm jack extensions and fit these into the back of your head unit and make them available in your glove box or centre console?

• Like 1

Hi mate,

The aux and USB ports don't plug into the headunit, they plug into the factory bluetooth module behind the glovebox,

ahhh. i didnt think about that... I knew the mic fitted into it, didnt realise the usb / aux would too... - will have a look ... i think i can see the module up the left of the stereo... - i've gotta take it out any how - to hook into the mic...

I DID however read somewhere, that somebody did a write up on how to wire a AUX socket into a CD6000... - would that wiring still be present? my AUX button on my sony DAB did cycle through AUX, bluetooth and USB, so what you say makes sense...

Wayne, can you not get a usb and 3.5mm jack extensions and fit these into the back of your head unit and make them available in your glove box or centre console?

i can do this, but i wanted a "seamless" fitting... - my stereo does also have a 3.5mm Video /audio socket on the front, and a mini-usb port on the front, but this means i need to use a RCA -> 3.5mm converter ETC too and a usb to mini usb converter... - which looks so damn ugly....

otherwise i can purchase something like this - but £22 is the second option, since i already have all the socket ETC just where i need it:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33746d4b3a

A-INT-U09-FOX-700-3.jpg

although, i would obviously fit it on the left hand side... (im a fat dude so would hate to smash the usb port if i caught the pendrives ETC sticking out....

- edit...

ive emailed the seller about the above. im interested as to what the power button does? - this is meant for the cd6000 i believe (from eBay page) i must go to the shed and check if my DAB has a usb port on the back like the cd player on eBay page does... from what i can see i will need a miniusb - usb converter to plug onto the end - and a 3.5mm ->rca jacks to connect socket to stereo on back of h/u

thats pretty neat. let us know how you get on. might get on myself!

well, done some more research... looks like the usb is a mini usb plug into the bluetooth module... and the 3.5mm is on connector c of my quadlock... im unsure as to if the mic is a 3.5mm plug into bluetooth or ? i was told bu somebody before it was a simple 3.5mm jack... will have to take it out to look though...

eBay seller hasnt replied yet.

• 3 years later...

sorry to bring up old topics - but i have just brought a centre console with aux/usb in the arm rest to upgrade in my mk2 focus. I have brought the oval stereo to upgrade in my car to - but need to work out how to connect the aux connection in the arm rest to the stereo - my focus isn't a titanium - its just the basic lx model so i am guessing that i am going to need to do some sort of wiring to make it connect - if anyone could help out etc that would be great thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club