Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Back To Black Trim Product

Marcr1

Hi, I recently bought a Fiesta S1600 and when the garage were preparing it they got all polish on the black trim along the roof (Ie the runners for a roof rack) and now there are loads of white blemishes. I have used some turtle wax back to black to remove them but when it rains it just washes right off. Does anyone know what the best back to black is?

Thanks in Advance

Marc

May sound a bit odd but smooth peanut butter!

I had the same problem on my mk6.5 and one of the guys on here recommended it. It really does the trick and it lasts! :)

Check it up on YouTube, you use it kind of like a wax on wax off.

Black shoe polish works a treat

Okay thanks guys :D. I'll give the Peanut butter idea a go! **Excuse me whilst I raid the fridge**. I'll let you know how it goes

Just make sure you don't put the left over peanut butter back in the fridge! :lol:

Hope you like the results!

Just make sure you don't put the left over peanut butter back in the fridge! :lol:

Hope you like the results!

Fordieshx - The peanut butter worked great! thanks for the tip, I have to be fair I did doubt the peanut power but its better than any off the shelf product :)

While nut-based products (I personally use ground nut oil but peanut butter is also good) are great it's important not simply to cover the problem up.

The plastic should be scrubbed with an all purpose cleaner first and then blackened.

Fordieshx - The peanut butter worked great! thanks for the tip, I have to be fair I did doubt the peanut power but its better than any off the shelf product :)

Welcome! Don't worry i was the same when i was first told about it, now i don't doubt it at all. I think my neighbours just wonder what on earth im using on the car when they can smell it! :lol:

• 2 months later...

I've just invested in some Gtechniq C4 permanent trim restorer. I've not had chance to use it yet but the videos iv'e seen are pretty good and it's supposed to last for a couple of years. Downside is it's not cheap.

Graham

i was given some Gtechniq C4 by my neighbour , he gave me a pop bottle full , i use a small paint brush to apply it , it is fantastic stuff .

I've just invested in some Gtechniq C4 permanent trim restorer. I've not had chance to use it yet but the videos iv'e seen are pretty good and it's supposed to last for a couple of years. Downside is it's not cheap.

Graham

He GAVE you a pop bottle full ?! Wow! thats some generous neighbour. I may have to move in on the other side, :) my Fiesta Mk V trims are dull grey, and even the old peanut butter didnt work :(

• 1 month later...

A pencil eraser gets rid of the white marks, while I use AG Bumper care.

• 3 months later...

Methelated spirits applied to a cloth and abit of elbow grease brings all the trims up brilliantly and gets rid of the wax residue and doesnt damage the paintwork although it is advisable to give the paintwork next to the trims you've cleaned a wipe with a damp cloth :). This doesnt just cover the wax marks it removes them altogether.

• 1 month later...

Wickes plumbers silicone lubricant, not permanent by any meens but brings up black trims / tyres a treat when applied with a cloth.

Feel sorry for all those people with nut allergies who happen to touch your car. lol

Can't use it on mine- the dogs would be constantly licking it. :d

Smooth is better for the car but the dogs prefer crunchy. :p

I end up with cats licking my plastics every time I use peanut butter >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao! :lol: Pencil rubber is definitely the way forward, it works so well! Or even heating the plastic lightly with a hair dryer works pretty well

Peanut butter is good for removing polish stains.

Gtechniq C4 is very good and long-lasting. Nanolex Trim Rejuvenator is also well-regarded.

I have just got some Concours Car Care Replenish to try now

• Like 1