Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Double Din To 2008 Focus

ukphillad

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had any previous experience in doing this. I am currently a very proud owner of a 2008 Focus Before FL. It has the standard Sony 6000CD radio in it and have been really eager to change it as there is no iPod connection and the features that I found in other Double DINs are much more exciting than the current one I have. I was thinking about going for something like this :

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P3100DVD

Do you reckon it's possible to fit one of them into the Focus and also is it difficult to fit it in for a newbie like me :wacko:

Any input would be greatly appreciated :P

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had any previous experience in doing this. I am currently a very proud owner of a 2008 Focus Before FL. It has the standard Sony 6000CD radio in it and have been really eager to change it as there is no iPod connection and the features that I found in other Double DINs are much more exciting than the current one I have. I was thinking about going for something like this :

http://www.pioneerel...rs/AVH-P3100DVD

Do you reckon it's possible to fit one of them into the Focus and also is it difficult to fit it in for a newbie like me :wacko:

Any input would be greatly appreciated :P

the stereo looks great mate,

you would be well able to do this job yourself you will need a stalk adaptor for the pioneer to ford connection to allow the steering wheel stalk to work with the stereo,

a double din conversion kit to make the space the correct size for the new stereo

and possibly an iso adaptor to convert your existing plug at the rear of the stereo to an iso plug that will connect to the pioneer then its all done mate.

actually here you go all in the one package except for the stalk adaptor:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-2005-2007-DOUBLE-DIN-CD-DVD-FASCIA-SURROUND-PANEL-CAGE-FITTING-KIT-/150691573098?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2315eaed6a

here is the stalk adaptor for ford to pioneer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIONEER-Car-Stereo-Ford-Stalk-Steering-Wheel-Control-Adaptor-Lead-DS-FO002-/270914590409?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3f13c496c9

Ive put a Kenwood in mine - easy enough mate, just buy the double din fitting kit, get an iso lead for ford to kenwood and a stalk adapter if needed (dont forget the specific patch leads for your headunit).

7cebd8fa.jpg

• Like 1

Ive put a Kenwood in mine - easy enough mate, just buy the double din fitting kit, get an iso lead for ford to kenwood and a stalk adapter if needed (dont forget the specific patch leads for your headunit).

The carbon wrap looks sweet m8 ;-)

7cebd8fa.jpg

• Like 1

That kenwood unit looks amazing, this may sound a dumb question now but what about the bluetooth in the car? Does the radio come with a mic? or can you use the Ford one still to keep it next to lights

• Like 1

Don't know about using the existing ford one - its a standard 3.5mm jack for the mic so if fords is that then I asusme it would work. The Kenwood came with a mic. As I didnt have the central light with the microphone in I just ran it up the front pillar and its concealed in the corner but it would be easy enough to run it to where the oem mic would have been as that is where i placed the magnetic GPS receiver and theres plenty of lead - got to love the focus for hidden installations - the ipod lead runs under the console and out into under the arm rest - didnt even have to cut any holes anywhere! :)

• Like 1