Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One Thing After Another!

cressws1

On my commute in to Sheffield this morning some kerb stones decided to fly off the back of a not very well loaded skip lorry and under my Focus at 70mph! Suffice to say it could have been worse, Would have been nice for the lorry driver to stop though.

2 buckled alloys on near side. Ford wanted £145+ vat, Managed to pick 2 pristine Ford alloys with brand new Pirelli P6000 tyres up from fleabay for £60 the pair.

So this month thats been Handbrake cable, Rear shoes and cylinders, Exhaust back box, Rear drop links, 2 new alloys and 2 new tyres. Anything else?

It's not your month, I blame the government; since we had a hosepipe ban in Sussex it's rained every day and the car is filthy; I'm also really :(.. off too.

It's against the law to transport a skip with a poorly secured load.

Did the skip have a net over it?

I suppose you didn't have time to note the company details?

I had a close one this morning too.

A large slice of tree trunk laying in the middle of the inside lane of a 2 lane A road in Plymouth (about 60cm in diameter by about 50cm high) from where the verges have been cleared - either slipped down or more likely rolled down by some little wag.luckily i saw it through heavy fog with enough time to avoid it and stop my marked car so as to remove it.

If someone (nearly me) had hit it there would have been a nasty crash.

I wonder how many people swerved around it and carried merrily on without thinking to report it? <_<

I called it through and was informed that there were no reports received.

There are some really civic minded people about nowadays. --- I'm alright jack, screw you. :angry:

My rant over....

Sticking with the same theme started by Stormin, it would appear that ........it never rains but it pours.

Seriously though, you must be near spending on the car on the above jobs, what the car is actually worth in PX value...............Feel for you cressws1 mate.

Been there, had front axle disks and pads renewed along with a new clutch on our 99 plate Mk1 Focus...............ten days later and having covered circa 50 miles on the new parts......................Some prat wrote our car off, and it did not make a blind bit of difference on the insurance valuation payout.

Stoney871,

tell me about it, social responsibility is long gone. We now live in a world where me,me, me values trump everything else. I reckon we must be getting near the time in Earth's history when it [ the Earth] decides enough is enough. Enter stage right, a dose of a new airborne strain of bird flu that can transmit between humans...........Time for a bit of planet cleansing! :unsure:

Interesting video on the subject:

People & Power - Building the Perfect Bug

Now the powers that be don't like the masses watching "alternative" news sources. So for some people this "Age of Empire" cradle to the grave indoctrination will have clouded their judgement. Mention the words Aljazeera and they immediately think, hang on Muslim/ Arab/Terrorist brainwashing in progress............give it a wide berth.........They think George Bush [Gulf War Two] had the right idea, bomb the sh@t out of their media centres................I kid you not he wanted to do that.

Now the reality is Aljazeera is a superb source of world news, and it's documentaries are second to none.

Another reality is we are all subject to brainwashing no matter what society we live in....................it's how the "powers that be" divide and rule the planet. And coincidently in it's less lethal forms, how advertisers convince us to buy this product or that product...........shaping you perceptions.

To quote Albert Einstein "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"

You cannot beat a good rant

I had a close one this morning too.

A large slice of tree trunk laying in the middle of the inside lane of a 2 lane A road in Plymouth (about 60cm in diameter by about 50cm high) from where the verges have been cleared - either slipped down or more likely rolled down by some little wag.luckily i saw it through heavy fog with enough time to avoid it and stop my marked car so as to remove it.

If someone (nearly me) had hit it there would have been a nasty crash.

I wonder how many people swerved around it and carried merrily on without thinking to report it? <_<

I called it through and was informed that there were no reports received.

There are some really civic minded people about nowadays. --- I'm alright jack, screw you. :angry:

My rant over....

Mine was worse. First day I picked up my focus I drove up to the lakes on the M6 was dark. Saw a lorry in the hard shoulder with its hazards on decreasing speed. few sec later saw a black thing in the road... thought it was an animal running along fast but then I got closer (I was travelling at 60-70mph) and it was one of the lorries wheels!! it rolled out in front of my car and I JUST missed it. I even pulled up at the next services to check the car over as I was sure it scraped the front. I told the person I was with to phone the police and told them roughly where it was saying it was about 5 miles before which ever junction it was we turned off for the services. Sadly the police didn't seem bothered but said they will look into it. no idea what happened about the wheel.

To quote Albert Einstein "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Adam Savage - Mythbusters

It's not your month, I blame the government; since we had a hosepipe ban in Sussex it's rained every day and the car is filthy; I'm also really :(.. off too.

Use a bucket lol

Use a bucket lol

I use both............ I'm so so profligate that I sometimes frighten the hidden accountant in me :D

Sorry to here about the bad luck with your car. Touch wood nothing else goes wrong and you get it sorted soon!

since we had a hosepipe ban in Sussex it's rained every day and the car is filthy

Just throw some car shampoo over your car whilst it bucketing it down and let the rain do the work. ^_^ Luckily for me I can still use my hose and power washer :D

thats just cars mate sometimes it happens that way look on the bright side all that stuffs done now so you dont have to worry about it.

Stoney871,

tell me about it, social responsibility is long gone. We now live in a world where me,me, me values trump everything else. I reckon we must be getting near the time in Earth's history when it [ the Earth] decides enough is enough. Enter stage right, a dose of a new airborne strain of bird flu that can transmit between humans...........Time for a bit of planet cleansing! :unsure:

Interesting video on the subject:

People & Power - Building the Perfect Bug

Now the powers that be don't like the masses watching "alternative" news sources. So for some people this "Age of Empire" cradle to the grave indoctrination will have clouded their judgement. Mention the words Aljazeera and they immediately think, hang on Muslim/ Arab/Terrorist brainwashing in progress............give it a wide berth.........They think George Bush [Gulf War Two] had the right idea, bomb the sh@t out of their media centres................I kid you not he wanted to do that.

Now the reality is Aljazeera is a superb source of world news, and it's documentaries are second to none.

Another reality is we are all subject to brainwashing no matter what society we live in....................it's how the "powers that be" divide and rule the planet. And coincidently in it's less lethal forms, how advertisers convince us to buy this product or that product...........shaping you perceptions.

You cannot beat a good rant

Heavy! :o

I like advertisement, it gives me something to avoid!

90% of the time, I wont buy an advertised product, I will find a product of a decent brand, that does what I want, and use the advertised features as a template, then look for a reputable brand offering the same!!

this happened with a mate of mine on a peugeot forum...he was travelling down the a19 and a pourly loaded dumper truck dropped a piece of flag stone...not to big but big enough to dent his bumper, smash the top of the windscreen and dent the roof...insurance company put it to write off...fortunately for him he took the reg and followed the truck until it stopped...so he got payout from the lorries insurance.

Sometimes following these beggers is a minimum, and allowing yourself the opportunity to call the police and report a fail to stop will also get some action if you cant follow for too far... also if you have a passenger, get them to take a photo of the van in front, before you pull over (where possible)

Otherwise, investment into the car "black boxes" cameras that you can find on eBay are possibly worth a look! £70 I think I saw them for, or £100 from "easylife"