Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Fitted The Aluminium Pedals

Affy

Has anyone fitted the alu foot pedals - they look bang tidy but the rest plate looks like it requires some drilling to fix? The other pedals are just slip over replacements I think.

Has anyone fitted the alu foot pedals - they look bang tidy but the rest plate looks like it requires some drilling to fix? The other pedals are just slip over replacements I think.

hi mate,

ive not fitted a set of these yet but i do plan to in the coming months,

the ford ones come supplied with fitting instructions and i think their may be holes already in the pedals for the aluminium pedals to bolt in to, after you remove the rubber pads, but im not 100% sure,

and i wouldnt recommend removing the rubber ones until you have the new set to put in place,

encase the rubber ones dont go back on for you easily.

hopfully someone else on here has already fitted and can advise us both.

I have these fitted as standard on my Zetec S so have not fitted myself, but they do make it look the part :)

Also I wouldn't bother with the footrest, its for looks only, serves no purpose at all as it is flat. I have some floor mats with checker plate inserts in (from Halfords :P) and they cover over the footrest anyways just as any mats will, I think even the ford ones will cover it, so bare that in mind if you will be using mats.

Hi,

I fitted the Ford Aluminium set to my 08 Titanium.

They are rubber backed (like the existing covers) and fit in the same way. Fairly easy to fit, but take your time and make sure they are correctly seated.

Not only to they look good, but if like me you wear leather soled shoes for work they provide much needed grip. I'm 6'7 and don't get to move my legs that much. The standard pedal covers meant I sometimes struggle to find position with my feet. After having driven a Vauxhall Insignia SRi for a couple of weeks which had sports pedals my mind was made up.

If you need any other information or pictures let me know.

Stu

Hi,

I fitted the Ford Aluminium set to my 08 Titanium.

They are rubber backed (like the existing covers) and fit in the same way. Fairly easy to fit, but take your time and make sure they are correctly seated.

Not only to they look good, but if like me you wear leather soled shoes for work they provide much needed grip. I'm 6'7 and don't get to move my legs that much. The standard pedal covers meant I sometimes struggle to find position with my feet. After having driven a Vauxhall Insignia SRi for a couple of weeks which had sports pedals my mind was made up.

If you need any other information or pictures let me know.

Stu

cheers mate,

some pictures would be nice,

and i recommend purchasing a pair of sparco driving shoes i got a pair almost a year now and they are very comfortable,

the soles of them is grooved like a tyre and and the rear of them is curved so as they sit better in the footwell for a more comfortable drive, i thought id recommend since you said you were tall im 6ft 2 and a shoe size 12 and i find when wearing safety boots they can be very bulky on the pedals when driving, but these shoes are brilliant and look ok with jeans too lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320903631957?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D320903631957%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

i have the genuine ford ones from china the rubbers come off theres no predrilled holes and these slip on in place of the rubbers and tabs are bent at the back simple had them for months and they look great post-8800-0-18769800-1336738244_thumb.jp

heres the link these are the same one ford supply these come in the ford box with the ford part number on it and they are a lot cheaper than ford http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Pedal-Pads-Cover-Set-05-10-M-T-Ford-Focus-/220725377320?pt=UK_Collectables_Badges_Patches_MJ&hash=item336441f928

Hi Lenny,

Thanks for the link - I often have to think about what I have on my feet before I drive any distance. It makes a huge difference and when you have the seat all the way back and down + the wheel up and all the way forward, there's only so much you can do to make yourself more comfortable ;)

I'm giving the car a wet vac this weekend so will take some shots of the pedals.

Stu

Hi Arthur

Like the pedals , so there is no need to drill at all , just slip on?

does the set come with the foot rest.

cheers

i have the genuine ford ones from china the rubbers come off theres no predrilled holes and these slip on in place of the rubbers and tabs are bent at the back simple had them for months and they look great post-8800-0-18769800-1336738244_thumb.jp

heres the link these are the same one ford supply these come in the ford box with the ford part number on it and they are a lot cheaper than ford http://www.ebay.co.u...=item336441f928

they look good.

I've been tempted to get some but just money holding me back. Currently have these in my eBay watch list which also look good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320889503564?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648#ht_4589wt_1061

no footrest but if you check the shop they do have the footrest seperate or as a kit i didnt bother as they just velcro to the carpet and seem pointless to me just remember for an mot they must have rubber on them the set above has a solid aluminium accelerator no rubber grip so they would be a fail on an mot.

heres the link these are the same one ford supply these come in the ford box with the ford part number on it and they are a lot cheaper than ford http://www.ebay.co.u...=item336441f928

Those look a bit of a bargain. If only i could spend some money. :(

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I have fitted the genuine Ford pedals on took about ten minutes, the foot rest comes with a screw in raw plug x2 no need to drill anything as the raw plugs screw into the insulation under the carpet, place the rest over the raw plugs and screw in down. easy to follow instructions with the ford kit and NO drilling

I'll never forget my first Fiesta. I bought a set from Halfords, good old rip speed! Had to drill them onto the existing pedals! I went through 3 drill bits on my dads favourite drill. He was not happy!

But they did look nice! Luckily this time round on my fiesta they came standard! Phew :P

Really want a set of these on mine also but am torn between the two linked above! On one set I prefer the offset layout of the rubber bits, but then the other set has rubber on the acc pedal as well.

Just from the pics I was worried about lack of grip from the smooth one, especially when wet. Has anyone any experience or advice about this?

mot states there must be rubber on all pedals i was hit with that with an old punto i drilled the pedals and fitted a similar type as the smooth ones and failed the mot as the guy stated its an acc pedal if youre foot slips its dangerous the set i bought still good months on and havent had a slip once even with my work shoes which are smooth soled

mot states there must be rubber on all pedals

Yeah, that was my worry also, but wondered about the genuine pedals fitted on the ST. See link below for an accel pedal from and 08 ST which doesn't have any rubber, just the two raised grooves in the metal. Still leaning towards this set to be honest.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST3-2008-MK4-2-5-20v-ST3-ELECTRIC-THROTTLE-PEDAL-6M5Y-9F836-BC-/280821980483?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41624b5d43

One thing you must also be aware of is that you need a clearance of at least 5mm between pedals so as to avoid hitting two pedals at once or getting your foot jammed under a pedal when your foot lifts off.

One thing you must also be aware of is that you need a clearance of at least 5mm between pedals so as to avoid hitting two pedals at once or getting your foot jammed under a pedal when your foot lifts off.

Toyota had this problem on the production line in late 2010 and early 2011 caused alot of recalls. redcard.gif

I got issued a new pair of work boots but can't wear them to drive as they have a 1cm welt around the sole and catch thr adjacent pedal. Someone in procurement didn't think that through very well.

Please stand still mr billy burglar, I can't chase you until I change my boots. :P

i read that very few of the toyotas had any issues at all it was down to the dumb driver lol but yeah some mot inspectors might not notice some do from what i read the brake and clutch must have antislip surface on it the accelerator doesnt have to have rubber but youre foot mmusnt slip off hence the ridges you mentioned

Ah right, so the grooves suffice then for MOT? That's cool, think I'll go for a set of those then as I prefer the rubber on the clutch and brake pedals. Just hope the accel pedal doesn't turn out too chunky...that rubber undercover part looks quite thick!

as long as the accelerator is not smooth and has some sort of grip on it its okay if it was flat smooth aluminium then no it would be a fail

I got issued a new pair of work boots but can't wear them to drive as they have a 1cm welt around the sole and catch thr adjacent pedal. Someone in procurement didn't think that through very well.

Please stand still mr billy burglar, I can't chase you until I change my boots. :P

they should give all of you guys a pair of ice white reebok classics as part of the uniform lol

would look brilliant :D

they should give all of you guys a pair of ice white reebok classics as part of the uniform lol

would look brilliant :D

:P

Can't beat a good pair of Magnums.