Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Rear Window Button

MeganeCC

My mother picked up a '08 plate Fiesta Zetec Blue yesterday.

The only prob we can find so far is the above is sticking in, even when the light goes out it stays in.

Once the car has warmed up, out it pops. Was told by the salesman it's a common fault. He said every newish fiesta he has sold lately has had the same prob.

It doesn't cause any probs, so mams not that worried.

Is it a common fault, or should she get a dealership to have a look.

My mother picked up a '08 plate Fiesta Zetec Blue yesterday.

The only prob we can find so far is the above is sticking in, even when the light goes out it stays in.

Once the car has warmed up, out it pops. Was told by the salesman it's a common fault. He said every newish fiesta he has sold lately has had the same prob.

It doesn't cause any probs, so mams not that worried.

Is it a common fault, or should she get a dealership to have a look.

Just sounds like a very minor machining fault if it's affecting other new fiestas as well. As long as it only heats the window when it's supposed to (ie. light on) it should be fine.

For once I am able to advise rather than just ask questions!!

Today my mums car, an O7 Fiesta was in at the garage getting this sorted under warranty. Car has had problem intermittently since new and last January was in for that problem but must admit I don't think they actually did anything at the time apart from pop the button back out.

Was told today it is a known problem and the fascia had to come off and a bit was to be filed down to resolve problem.

I would definitely get car in to get this sorted as we have found that sometimes heater sticks on and at other times you can't get it to work at all which is a nuisance.

I would definitely get car in to get this sorted as we have found that sometimes heater sticks on and at other times you can't get it to work at all which is a nuisance.

Thank You Shaz, i've told her what you said. She says she will get them to look on it's first service which is due in july. But keep an eye on it just incase.