Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Probz

BiG dAdDi

For a few months i have had sporadic startung issues dut to a,low battery output, but once the car is jumped, it starts straight away. I have removed the battery, recharges it and that seemed to rectify the probs,until friday night when the alarm kept on going off. The following morning ehen i tried to start the car, nothing. It did not even turn over at all. I recharged the battery again and again it still woukd not turn over. This morning i tried to jump start the car but this,time nothing, its as if the electrics have been cut out fron the electics. Can anyone advise on this,problem and advise possible remedies?

For a few months i have had sporadic startung issues dut to a,low battery output, but once the car is jumped, it starts straight away. I have removed the battery, recharges it and that seemed to rectify the probs,until friday night when the alarm kept on going off. The following morning ehen i tried to start the car, nothing. It did not even turn over at all. I recharged the battery again and again it still woukd not turn over. This morning i tried to jump start the car but this,time nothing, its as if the electrics have been cut out fron the electics. Can anyone advise on this,problem and advise possible remedies?

sounds like its your altinator mate,

the battery is designed to start the car, then the altinator keeps the car runing and charges the battery,

but since the battery is dying all of the time it would indicate that the altinator is not returning power to the battery and instead the battery is providing power to everything in the car all of the time,

perhaps now the battey has been drained too low and cannot be revived, thus requiring a new altinator and battery mate,

if the car battery has been completly discharged their is a chance it may not recharge again.

the altinator when running should have an output of around 12.4 - 14.0 volts

to be able to charge the battery and keep the car running.

if the voltage from the altinator is lower than 12.4 or even 12.0 when the engine is running then your altinator is the problem,

but if your engine is running and the altinator is showing an output of over 12volts then its your battery is at fault.

but since the battery has been carring all of the load from the car then i reckon both items are now required.

did you notice a lack in performance when the car was running the past few weeks?

None at all. It can go weeks before i need to jump start the car. The battery is fully charged, i have all lights on, the air con running haz lights going, and yhr stereo on, electric windows opening and closing at the same time, this is why i suspect the car alarm. I will have to get the alternator tested, but how do i do that ehrn i cant start the car lol

None at all. It can go weeks before i need to jump start the car. The battery is fully charged, i have all lights on, the air con running haz lights going, and yhr stereo on, electric windows opening and closing at the same time, this is why i suspect the car alarm. I will have to get the alternator tested, but how do i do that ehrn i cant start the car lol

if you had a volt meter you could test the terminals on the battery,

and again when the engine was running.

but if you cant get it started mate im not sure to be honest, and if it was the altinator that was gone, you would notice a lack in performance especially when the air conditioning was active.

and most alarm systems have a battery backed up siren, so the alarm will go off if the power from the main battery has been cut.

the alarm siren has its own battery inside the siren.

Comments noted. However if it was the battery drained too low, surely i would not be able to have the lights haz stereo air running as normal

Comments noted. However if it was the battery drained too low, surely i would not be able to have the lights haz stereo air running as normal

i agree mate,

if the car was running on the battery alone, you wouldnt be able to do all of those things aswell as running the engine,

so im puzzled too.

perhaps others can advise on this topic too and help you pretty soon. sos.gif

The further adventures of my beloved cmax!

Managed to tow start the car, ran it for a while, but once i switched off the ignition, car didnt evrn turn over. It was suggested that it could be the startet motor, which was checked, snd was faulty. I purchased a new starter fitted it, but still nothing. I have suggested s possible prob with the immobilisor, which as far as i am aware is factory fitted, but was advised that the immobilisor cuts the power and the fuel, and as i was able to tow staet the car, the immobilisor must functioning correctly. Can anyone advise ar all?