Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A Ford Focus Or Mondeo

dickeygreen

Hello,

I was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice on buying a car.

I am looking to buy a Ford Focus or Mondeo Estate in July.

I will have about £2000 to spend and am looking for a family car to fit 5 of us (2 adults / 5 kids).

I have driven a ford mondeo estate as a hire car and loved it, and it also seems the biggest our of them both, however I'm worrying about the cost as I'm not sure whether the running cost for the mondeo will be a lot more than the focus.

I hope you guys n gals can help me before I spend my money!

Cheers

Dickey

looking for a family car to fit 5 of us (2 adults / 5 kids).

Dickey

I am not sure how many people you want to fit into the car, 2 adults + 5 kids =7 in total. :wacko: both cars only seat 5.

For 5 people a Focus is surprisingly roomy but obviously a Mondeo will have more leg room.

BTW I've had myself and 4 others in my old Mk1 and current Mk2 Focus, all of us over 6 foot and strapping lads and had sufficient space for all.

Thanks for both of your replies, Sorry i meant 2 adults and 3 kids (5 in total)

I've also been looking at the Galaxy..

I have a couple of months before I can buy the car so hopefully can get some more information before I buy one of them!!

Not a lot of difference in the running costs, the Mondy is larger and probably more suitable for a family of 5, also you will have a lot to choose from.

Check out the "club news" on this site re:- Diesel only if you do more than 10,000 miles per year, less than 10,000 then choose petrol.