Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Are Left When A 2003 Ford Fiesta Lx 1.4L Tdci Fuel Light Comes On?.

Benjam1n

Hi there,

I have just purchased a 2003 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci, and I was just wondering whether anyone knew how many miles or how much diesel you have left when the fuel light comes on?

Hope you can help me out, and thanks very much in advance!

Ben.

firstly you should never let any car get down to the red, it pulls all of the dirt out of the fuel tank and causes issues (i know this from experience cost me £900 to sort out), but hasving said tthat i got 25miles out of a 1.6 that got to red before it cut out!

A rough rule of thumb is 1 gallon - so around 50miles.

A rough rule of thumb is 1 gallon - so around 50miles.

+1, it should tell you in the handbook, done 54 miles with the fuel light on, in my Mondeo before i filled up,

firstly you should never let any car get down to the red, it pulls all of the dirt out of the fuel tank and causes issues (i know this from experience cost me £900 to sort out), but hasving said tthat i got 25miles out of a 1.6 that got to red before it cut out!

umm, no thats the job of a fuel filter - to remove dirt. also you will find the pump draws from the bottom of the tank. this one is a myth.

running a diesel out of fuel though is bad news, you need to bleed the air out the system. some new cars will do it automatically i believe. doing it on a petrol is no big deal, you just fill the tank again! on a diesel you risk running the high pressure pump dry - mega expensive

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club