Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade The Roof Light To Led - Really Bright!

odyssey

I just ordered this from dx.com:

xp8qjk.jpg

http://dx.com/focus-1-8-5w-500-lumen-24x5050-smd-led-car-white-light-bulb-dc-12v-45482

I was tired of the dim light, the standard W5W bulb gave, so I got this - It's REALLY BRIGHT! Fit's perfectly in the W5W socket and holds itself in place.

I'm a little unsure which Ford models that does not have this type of roof light, but this should at least fit any Fiesta, Mondeo and Focus that does not come with maplights. Be sure to verify that it's a W5W socket - If it's not, I have seen other variations of similar LED boards on eBay with different socket types.

Could you post a picture of the new light in operation when you get it fitted? will be interesting to see the difference!

Would there be a problem using LEDs with the theatre dimming roof lights as fitted to some Fords? I'm not sure you can dim an LED. <_<

I'm not familar with those. Do you have a picture of what they look like? (i'm curious).

Technically LED's cannot be dimmed, but my Fiesta fades out the roof light slowly and that actually seem to work somewhat nicely anyway. You can see that it's not made for it, since it's not as "smooth" as it is with a regular bulb, but you probably won't really notice it.

I've heard that it shortens the lifetime of the LED's to dim them, so maybe they will wear out rather quickly in my Fiesta - Time will tell :)

Could you post a picture of the new light in operation when you get it fitted? will be interesting to see the difference!

There's a video of that on the dx site.

I'm not familar with those. Do you have a picture of what they look like? (i'm curious).

They are the ones that dim slowly, "Theatre lights" are what Ford call the interior lights that dim.

They are the ones that dim slowly, "Theatre lights" are what Ford call the interior lights that dim.

Oh, so that's what I have in mine :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club