Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Lowering Help

Davidkent

Hey guys

Just bought some half arsed coilovers really,

They're more springs with adjusters tbh, ie no shocks or anything.

Looking at fitting this weekend but can't find any guides or anything remotely close to what to do.

Usually its all pretty straight forward, but this doesn't look it - I've got a box here with 4 springs, 4 adjusters, 2 C spanners as i'd expect, but there's then a whole load of rubber O ring Seal type things, and some grub screws.

Anyone used these before? I only wanted something cheap, it'll probably only be a temporary thing anyway!

Cheers all

David

post-4748-0-48759500-1337184896_thumb.jp

Do not fit them!

:D

Will only cause you problems, best bet will be to buy a set of springs or coilovers whatever you fancy, they are not coilovers.

Yeah can't afford coilovers and these came up reasonably,

When you say problems, what kinda thing?

Obviously the front springs on these are smaller so i can't see how they'd go into the struts properly in the first place tbh

Was just hoping for something to make it low for a bit before returning to standard and so on

Might just not bother infact,

Any more on these though before i throw it out the window?

Cheers

Are those Ford springs? They dont look like it, dont fit them mate as tom said youll have problems

Re-Ebayed - Advice taken, looks like i need a speed sensor now anyway, AGAIN!

Thanks guys :)

get proper coil overs or ford use Eibach springs the only issue with coilovers i have is as you adjust them you constantly change the suspension geometry Eibach springs are around 80quid.if using eBay check the sending country many chinese fake coilover kits on there or uk sellers selling chinese goods.

i only say after reading that kits were purchased for testing and 40percent were genuine fakes of shocking quality

get proper coil overs or ford use eibach springs the only issue with coilovers i have is as you adjust them you constantly change the suspension geometry eibach springs are around 80quid.if using ebay check the sending country many chinese fake coilover kits on there or uk sellers selling chinese goods.

i only say after reading that kits were purchased for testing and 40percent were genuine fakes of shocking quality

+1

best to buy from ford dealers on eBay for around £120 Eibach 40mm Springs

Focus's seem different to many cars however - Coilovers will be a Definate no due to price, but will be going springs.

I want it pretty low, but currently its on 15's as standard, and though i'd like ST170 rims i can't afford.

Any pics of how much 40 and 50mm looks?

Cheers

Focus's seem different to many cars however - Coilovers will be a Definate no due to price, but will be going springs.

I want it pretty low, but currently its on 15's as standard, and though i'd like ST170 rims i can't afford.

Any pics of how much 40 and 50mm looks?

Cheers

Hi mate,

i have found a thread dedicated to the lowering and alloys on the mk1 and mk1.5 with each owner posting a picture and saying how much it is lowered. unfortunitly it is not on this forum but you can still view it for free and quite a few nice ones on their.

http://www.focusowners-social.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3001