Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Climate Control Display

brian1106

I have just bought a new focus titanium , the car has a great amount of kit, but in the drivers handbook climate control section it states that mono should appear in the display panel when the passanger temp control is in synch with the drivers side and when the passangers temp is changed by turning the knob, mono should dissappear from the display . when the auto button is pushed in and held for a period, the drivers side and passanger side temp returns to synch and mono reappears although i have read the manual and tried several different settings i cannot get the word mono to appear in the display has anyone found this ? is the manual incorrect as the system seems to be working fine other wise any ? would like some info before i contact the dealer.

• 4 weeks later...

I have picked up my Focus Ttainium X today! Sitting in the car going through the manual to familiarise myself, I too have found that the 'MONO' indication does not display as advertised in the manual. The system does work as it should in mono, ie, both temp displays are controlled by the drivers side, the indication stays at 'Auto'.

I shall be going back to the dealer tomorrow for an explanation, as elsewhere on this forum someone else had the problem, but is living with it, even though another says his works as advertised. Also have a problem with passenger head restraint. Its so far forward the passengers head is pushed forward. Quick investigation and swapping head rests show the passeger seat not in parallel with drivers. So looks like a seat problem.

Are you sure you have dual CC or just CC

Yes I am sure. Both my Titainium X, and Brians Titainium have the dual zone air temperature control. (DEATC) as standard fit.

Had Mk3 since July 2011, don't waste your time going to the dealers. The MONO text does not display, there is an old thread on here about it, I will see if I can find it. I took my car to the dealers when I first got it and even tried 2 models in the showroom - they were exactly the same.

IAlso have a problem with passenger head restraint. Its so far forward the passengers head is pushed forward. Quick investigation and swapping head rests show the passeger seat not in parallel with drivers. So looks like a seat problem.

Have you adjusted the drivers seat back to the same angle as the passengers using the electric adjustment ??

• 2 weeks later...

The seat was OK it just needed fine adjustment.

This Climate Control problem regarding the 'Mono' display appears fairly widespead, however some recent cars do appear to display the 'Mono' caption.

I went back to the dealer who were very apathetic about the issue, even when I mentioned that the sales managers car which has the same car as myself, and I test drove, does display 'Mono'. I have insisted that I require an answer regarding this problem, and have asked this manager to contact Ford to find out what is going on with this annomaly, and provide some sort of evidence of notice of change of spec advice. or similar.

Reading all the various threads on this subject it appears no one seems to have pushed the issue with Ford, as far as I am aware. Has anyone contacted Ford UK about it? It could be they are fitting duff units to the cars, (and not telling us?), so unless someone raises this disparity between the owners manual, and how the car actually operates, and we get some feedback, we are all still going to be wondering.

And the end of the day I do not think they will be able to provide the reason, and they will fob me off with car salesman type prattle, we'll see.

Mono should only appear when you adjust the fan speed??

Hi, probably there will be a software upgrade that will fix the mono display bug. The Mk Mondeo had a bug whereby the fan would not rack up to its fullest on auto, mine was fixed at the first service when I also had the A/C checked.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Alan

Did you get any info from Ford regarding the climate control display ? my local dealer received another titanium recently and to their credit the service guys called me in, the new one is the same.

Do you mean This ?

Pressing and holding Auto brings up the MONO , rotating either control removes MONO. , Bring them back together and MONO re-appears on mine.

post-22424-0-91307500-1347893441_thumb.j

paul

what happens when you move the drivers side temp control does both temp displays move?

paul

what happens when you move the drivers side temp control does both temp displays move?

When i hold Auto , then Mono appears , if i turn Drivers side then it still displays Mono and both temperatures change together , if i turn Passenger side then Mono goes off and they become independent.What i was doing before was just moving passenger side.

paul

thanks for that so your car is per the owners manual but mine will not light up the mono symbol no matter what i do and i know it is there in the LCD system you know you can see faint out line of the word,The car is due a service soon and i will ask if any software updates are to be done. the big problem with me is the Irish market is so small i am told the yearly Focus sales in Ireland in one year would equal the sales in the Manchester area then how many are our model it is great to be in contact with other owners .

PS i also have an issue with the chrome strip at the front passengers door is is discolored a whitish hew on it like calcium stains on a kettle the dealer says they have to trying buffing it first we will see

paul

thanks for that so your car is per the owners manual but mine will not light up the mono symbol no matter what i do and i know it is there in the LCD system you know you can see faint out line of the word,The car is due a service soon and i will ask if any software updates are to be done. the big problem with me is the Irish market is so small i am told the yearly Focus sales in Ireland in one year would equal the sales in the Manchester area then how many are our model it is great to be in contact with other owners .

PS i also have an issue with the chrome strip at the front passengers door is is discolored a whitish hew on it like calcium stains on a kettle the dealer says they have to trying buffing it first we will see

Yes i would ask them if they have a software update , or there must be some trick to get it to work perhaps.I would ask them to replace the chrome strip.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club