Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6Tdci Sport Buy Or Not?

adamk6000

hi, im new to this forum but having owned a focus previously i told myself i qualified lol.

Im just about to buy a ford focus 1.6tdci sport and am wondering if this is a good idea, it come with 12 months mot and full service history but im a bit sceptical about the turbo problems that keep coming up on the forums i search in google. It seems these models have turbo issues. Is their anything i need to be aware of before i buy it. I havent brought a car in a while and im not really that upto date with tech information etc and my knowledge of cars is id say just above basic.

Any info would be much appreciated, Just want my mind putting at rest really, the car has covered 80k miles.

Many Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum,

i have a 1.6TDCi and its got 38,528 miles on the clock, the turbo doesnt give any trouble if it has had regular oil changes in time with the manufacturers specification to help prevent the oil feed pipe to the turbo from blocking up,

so if the car has a full service history then go for it mate.

i love my 1.6TDCi but if i was buying again id go for a 1.8TDCi since it hasent got a DPF fitted to it, but your 2005 focus 1.6TDCi doesnt have a Dpf fitted as far as i am aware.

and since your model is a sport i assume that it is the 110bhp model

mine is the 90bhp model, the difference is the fuel injectors and the engine mapping.

if you want to know the full spec,

check it out on ford etis, just put the registration in on the website and it will show up all about the specific car.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=26B87B2A7ADCFC17179842BDF737B123.eccvas511

also prior to purchase check the area between the boot panel and the roof of the car where the rear washer pipe elbows against the roof as it can rub and cause some rust,

it happend my 2010 when it was just two months old and its a common design fault across the 2005-2011 hatchback focus range.

for more info and images on it see my link in the list below.

Thanks for your reply. I hear a lot about this dpf, can you explain what this is please. Sorry as I say I have limited knowledge lol.

Im going to buy it I'm actually on my way now. It is the 110bhp. It has 12 months mot which puts my mind at rest a bit it's just that turbo problem that worries me. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Thanks for your reply. I hear a lot about this dpf, can you explain what this is please. Sorry as I say I have limited knowledge lol.

Im going to buy it I'm actually on my way now. It is the 110bhp. It has 12 months mot which puts my mind at rest a bit it's just that turbo problem that worries me. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

to be honest mate the best explanation of the DPF i have found is here,

http://www.aa-academy.com/Training/Learning%20Zone/Diesel%20Particulate%20Filter%20(DPF).asp

if i was to start to explain it to you, i would be mostly quoting from the link,

because it explains it all very well.

Brought the car literally checked everything over. Seemed really good condition, turbo works fine. Found that link very interesting thank you. Overall I'm very impressed. I've drive it 100 miles home, it's in really good condition, turbo really adds a huge kick to it and nice to have that extra power. Just hope it treats me good and it's reliable.

Brought the car literally checked everything over. Seemed really good condition, turbo works fine. Found that link very interesting thank you. Overall I'm very impressed. I've drive it 100 miles home, it's in really good condition, turbo really adds a huge kick to it and nice to have that extra power. Just hope it treats me good and it's reliable.

when you get a momment,

join photobucket or a similar image hosting site and upload some pictures of your new purchase mate,

i personally use photobucket and they have editing tools so you can cover your registration plate etc.

you may also be interested in some badge overlays that stick over the ford badges and are available in various colours.

http://www.dmb.uk.com/cat/22/ford-badges-gel-overlays

Maybe a bit of a silly question but what do the gel badges do? Do they just change the colour of your current badges or something? Haha Sorry.

Maybe a bit of a silly question but what do the gel badges do? Do they just change the colour of your current badges or something? Haha Sorry.

yes the look lije your existing badges but with different text or backgrounds,

for example i have carbon fibre front badge overlay with the ford written in chrome and the carbon fibre print replacing the blue stsndard.

and since my rear badge edge lights up red when i brake,

i got the rear badge custom request from DMB to appear to be a standard ford badge in the same font etc. so at a glance it just looks like any other,

but it actually says focus when you read it lol

Image0788.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club