Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anywhere To Go Top Speed?

suddste

Legally, of course.

Does anyone know of a place that you can get the top speed out of a normal car - e.g a disused airfiled etc. I'm not really looking for a trackday where you race around - just a long open space where you can achieve a top speed legally.

Any ideas?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suddste

• Stoney871

• Lenny

• Podzak

Top Posters In This Topic

Legally, of course.

Does anyone know of a place that you can get the top speed out of a normal car - e.g a disused airfiled etc. I'm not really looking for a trackday where you race around - just a long open space where you can achieve a top speed legally.

Any ideas?

where are you in the world mate?

Cambridgeshire mate

Loads of old airfields around there.

Loads of old airfields around there.

What ones? The surfaces seem pretty bad so it'd be dangerous I assume

if your 1.6 is a diesel i may be able to save you the trouble of testing as the most ive gotten from the completly standard 1.6TDci 90ps is 187kmh/116mph Tops kept it at full throttle for 6 minutes and no more budge on the speedo. i thought id give it a go because i was getting it serviced the next day and the oil would be changed etc.

Bound to be loads around East Anglia (Norfolk, Suffolk) as that was the main area for the RAF during WW2.

Surfaces may not be perfect but still some good straight line areas.

I'd be surprised if there isn't some companies that run race days somewhere close.

Give the good old internet a spin.

if your 1.6 is a diesel i may be able to save you the trouble of testing as the most ive gotten from the completly standard 1.6TDci 90ps is 187kmh/116mph Tops kept it at full throttle for 6 minutes and no more budge on the speedo. i thought id give it a go because i was getting it serviced the next day and the oil would be changed etc.

haha thanks mate, I have a 1.6L petrol though, ive seen a video of the exact same car as mine do 120mph but I still want to experience it lol

Bound to be loads around East Anglia (Norfolk, Suffolk) as that was the main area for the RAF during WW2.

Surfaces may not be perfect but still some good straight line areas.

I'd be surprised if there isn't some companies that run race days somewhere close.

Give the good old internet a spin.

Yeah theres a few round here, not too sure though because I dont think you can just turn up and drive can you?

There are a few race days here but i'm not sure that the straights are long enough to get to top speed at all in my car, it's not a BMW afterall lol

You'll still be able to rag it silly though.

You'll still be able to rag it silly though.

hmm i'm not that into going through corners really fast, just straight line max speed, lol i know, i'm boring

I'm sure that you'll find somewhere to fit your needs.

Just don't be tempted on the Queens Highway. Nee Nar. ;) :P

I'm sure that you'll find somewhere to fit your needs.

Just don't be tempted on the Queens Highway. Nee Nar. ;) :P

haha of course not ^_^

hmm i'm not that into going through corners really fast, just straight line max speed, lol i know, i'm boring

coming in to corners and exiting in a petrol is the best fun

''Bwaaammm'' ''Bwaaaaaaaaammmmmmm'' ''Pa Thung'' ''Pa Thung'' ''pa pu pu'' ''Bwaaammm'' :D

coming in to corners and exiting in a petrol is the best fun

''Bwaaammm'' ''Bwaaaaaaaaammmmmmm'' ''Pa Thung'' ''Pa Thung'' ''pa pu pu'' ''Bwaaammm'' :D

haha

haha

sorry

im so used to making those sounds myself on corners these days since i now drive a diesel lol

lol, I dont know of any airfields around your neck of the woods, but I would have thought you would be charged for entry anyway, so why not just check out the likes of silverstone etc? they might have a day where you can just turn up and give it a straight run. If not, I dont really know how you would get to access an old airfield...

I know that my old Focus and my Cee'd can both do the same speed, and the needle definately went above 120, and the satnav speedo definately said 119mph...

sorry

im so used to making those sounds myself on corners these days since i now drive a diesel lol

diesels are better! they seem faster these days lol

lol, I dont know of any airfields around your neck of the woods, but I would have thought you would be charged for entry anyway, so why not just check out the likes of silverstone etc? they might have a day where you can just turn up and give it a straight run. If not, I dont really know how you would get to access an old airfield...

I know that my old Focus and my Cee'd can both do the same speed, and the needle definately went above 120, and the satnav speedo definately said 119mph...

Ive been looking on the internet and havent found anything yet, it's pretty annoying

diesels are better! they seem faster these days lol

yes i enjoy purging the car behind people on steap hills lol

when i know they have their foot to the floor i start to make the rear of mine sink my pushing the accelerator as if to give them a push lol

perticurally the guys in the big automatic mercedes

yes i enjoy purging the car behind people on steap hills lol

when i know they have their foot to the floor i start to make the rear of mine sink my pushing the accelerator as if to give them a push lol

perticurally the guys in the big automatic mercedes

haha nice

What about Santa Pod? No idea if thats near you or not but might be worth a look :)

ISLE OF MAN no speed limit there

or the AutoBahn... if you like to travel! :D