Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anywhere To Go Top Speed?

suddste

Lol, I have been planning to go to the autobahn but I dont know weather it will happen because it means driving in a foregn country which ive never done yet lol and ive herd autobahn driving is hard driving

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suddste

• Stoney871

• Lenny

• Podzak

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need is a length of dual carriageway or motorway at night where you can go one way while checking the other side for police.

If it's clear, hit the pedal the other way.

If someone got on there while you were turning at a junction, try again.

My Mondeo should do 130, I managed 115 before I slowed down for the roundabout.

I'll try again some day as I probably slowed too soon. ;)

Take a road trip to Germany and the Autöbahns ^_^

All you need is a length of dual carriageway or motorway at night where you can go one way while checking the other side for police.

If it's clear, hit the pedal the other way.

If someone got on there while you were turning at a junction, try again.

My Mondeo should do 130, I managed 115 before I slowed down for the roundabout.

I'll try again some day as I probably slowed too soon. ;)

haha that is VERY risky, if they catch you over 100mph you loose your liscense instantly

ISLE OF MAN no speed limit there

I was just going to suggest that B)

Yeah they dont tend to hesitate at that speed, your clearly takin the pizz and so they know you know you are... sneaking up to 90 fair enough, but when your bottoming the engine, and your foot is sat alongside the bulbs you know and they know! lol.

most scary experience so far, I might have inadvertently accelerated above the speed limit, by quite a margin, and the police pulled out from the nearside behind me with blues and two's, pulling in they kind of stayed behind me, and I thought I had been tugged, just at the last minute as I was about to jump from centre to the hard shoulder, they pulled in behind some little silver thing and pulled it to the side... Now that was spooky! I didnt realise there was also an undercover in front of me, that pulled in in front of her as well... So they werent after me, or I am sure they would have split up... lol. its enough to give you a heart attack!

There is a percentage above the posted speed limit at which you will incurr an instant ban, but i'm not telling you what it is.

sorry.

The government was considering increasing motorway speeds to 80mph but the roads are just not up to the job without major investment.

If they are classed as too risky for continuous 80mph, consider the impact of a crappy road at 100mph.

Not big or clever children, please don't kill yourself for a bit of a rush.

I am a police trained pursuit driver and have countless hours of high speed driver training and even so i don't kick the !Removed! out of it, things occur very suddenly at high speed.

One close call is one too many.

There is a percentage above the posted speed limit at which you will incurr an instant ban, but i'm not telling you what it is.

sorry.

The government was considering increasing motorway speeds to 80mph but the roads are just not up to the job without major investment.

If they are classed as too risky for continuous 80mph, consider the impact of a crappy road at 100mph.

Not big or clever children, please don't kill yourself for a bit of a rush.

I am a police trained pursuit driver and have countless hours of high speed driver training and even so i don't kick the !Removed! out of it, things occur very suddenly at high speed.

One close call is one too many.

lol, I wasnt going to go 100mph on a pulic road!

I do but i'm allowed to, when authorised, while on duty.

In my private car I can also but only when on an emergency call in and with strobes on.

The decision to exceed the posted limits is never taken lightly.

It is fun though ;)

I do but i'm allowed to, when authorised, while on duty.

In my private car I can also but only when on an emergency call in and with strobes on.

The decision to exceed the posted limits is never taken lightly.

It is fun though ;)

surlely on a long public road it would be pretty same, tohugh ?

sorry that makes no sense. I mean surely it would be pretty safe to be on a long private straight?

as a matter of interest, how long did it take you to be an advanced officer driver?

I had a combined armed response and driving course which took 12 weeks.

About 5 weeks driving and the rest was weapons and tactics.

Bloomin' good fun.

I have regular refresher courses and still do weapon tactics brush up's even though I moved to dogs.

Because I back up entry teams it's handy to remember when to duck.

haha that is VERY risky, if they catch you over 100mph you loose your liscense instantly

THAT'S why you suss it out first m8. ;)

I like the idea of trialling the 80mph on the motorways outside my area. the M20 I would say is a very good example of a motorway that overall, seems capable of managing those speeds, but I am not the one who makes those sorts of calls. lol

I think most of us (be honest!) would hold there hands up and say the needle probably points more towards the number 80 than the number 70. I suppose its just natural for some that the speed feels right. As illegal as it may be, (and regardless of the fact that most police opinion will let you off up to 80 as long as your not taking the pizz), I think even then the main benefit to the 80mph, is that you make these people all legal. However, I say that the 10% + 2 shouldnt be extended. Realistically, if the limits were to become 80, then you could get away with doing 90. and more people would be tempted to do 100 +.

I think it should be a case of the faster you go, the less tolerance you get. 30MPH with a let off of 35 (slow driving in a town its easy to get distracted) is fine. but when your doing 80 on the motorway, you dont have all the "is there a camera, is there a pedestrian or child... is there, is there, is there..." therefore I think a 5% +1 / 5% +2 tolerance should be introduced when over 80MPH.

Most cars that are efficient enough to allow up to 80 with great ease, will be new, and have a calibrated speedo, so the excuse of "well... my speedo's out" shouldnt really wash...

I digress...

I had a combined armed response and driving course which took 12 weeks.

About 5 weeks driving and the rest was weapons and tactics.

Bloomin' good fun.

I have regular refresher courses and still do weapon tactics brush up's even though I moved to dogs.

Because I back up entry teams it's handy to remember when to duck.

nice, I beleive they have some sort of police training area around where I tend to go. The road is very straight and very queit I see police a lot on blue lights

I like the idea of trialling the 80mph on the motorways outside my area. the M20 I would say is a very good example of a motorway that overall, seems capable of managing those speeds, but I am not the one who makes those sorts of calls. lol

I think most of us (be honest!) would hold there hands up and say the needle probably points more towards the number 80 than the number 70. I suppose its just natural for some that the speed feels right. As illegal as it may be, (and regardless of the fact that most police opinion will let you off up to 80 as long as your not taking the pizz), I think even then the main benefit to the 80mph, is that you make these people all legal. However, I say that the 10% + 2 shouldnt be extended. Realistically, if the limits were to become 80, then you could get away with doing 90. and more people would be tempted to do 100 +.

I think it should be a case of the faster you go, the less tolerance you get. 30MPH with a let off of 35 (slow driving in a town its easy to get distracted) is fine. but when your doing 80 on the motorway, you dont have all the "is there a camera, is there a pedestrian or child... is there, is there, is there..." therefore I think a 5% +1 / 5% +2 tolerance should be introduced when over 80MPH.

Most cars that are efficient enough to allow up to 80 with great ease, will be new, and have a calibrated speedo, so the excuse of "well... my speedo's out" shouldnt really wash...

I digress...

I reckon your right that a lot more people will try and push 100 if it goes up to 80mph. 20mph difference isnt much

THAT'S why you suss it out first m8. ;)

lol :D

Mind you, having said that, I don't usually go above 65.

Hence, my last trip to Manchester from Newcastle and back at 65 there and 60 on the return leg, got me 60.258 mpg. :D

Santa Pod is the place to go. If you do make a balls of it you aint going to hurt anybody else.

Santa Pod is the place to go. If you do make a balls of it you aint going to hurt anybody else.

I thought about it, but then realised my car probably wouldnt reach 100 and would get the the end of the track before reaching 80mph

I thought about it, but then realised my car probably wouldnt reach 100 and would get the the end of the track before reaching 80mph

if your confident the car wont go over 100mph then id take it on the road some night mid week when its quiet,

if you get caught you wont lose your licence because you need to go over 100mph to lose it.

but i reckon with a 1.6 N/A Petrol engine you would get around 114 - 118mph mate tops.

i had a 1.3 N/A 1997 Toyota Starlet rolling on 13'' wheels and i got 104mph that was a standard air box filter and no engine modifications except for an alluminum radiator and samco hoses.

just one thing to remember when sppeding on a motorway,

leave yourself enough road to free wheel back down to around 70mph then gently apply the brakes for 10 seconds then free wheel another bit and gently with the brakes again, because you dont want to brake alot at top speed because the car could go out of control and fish tail on you, or you could end up warping the brake discs due to the heat build up from the pads.

also check your tyre preissure before you speed and ensure they are in spec with the ford manual and set to the level for driving in excess of 100mph as printed in the ford manual and ensure your wheel nuts are tight.

I am sure that if Stoney was reading this he would tell you that you shouldnt speed on a public highway.

Be careful, the last thing you want is to end up being caught and done at any point! at that speed in the best of lights doing over 100 and 110 is spooky as well as exciting...

I am sure that if Stoney was reading this he would tell you that you shouldnt speed on a public highway.

Be careful, the last thing you want is to end up being caught and done at any point! at that speed in the best of lights doing over 100 and 110 is spooky as well as exciting...

I see everything, ;)

I am only a humble member of the forum like everyone else here, I will advise but it is not my place to preach.

Human free will is an impossible thing to control so I will not even attempt to.

I am sure common sense will prevail.

If anyone was to see the horrors and waste i have seen at the fatal crashes I have attended in the last 9 years as an Officer then they would not take speed lightly.

All in moderation please lads and lasses. :)

Ace stoney your a razzer could come in handy as in certain places apparently (England) my plates are illegal :-S lol xx

Yep I'm a 'peeler', but I'm still a nice guy.

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club