• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suddste

• Stoney871

• Lenny

• Podzak

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, get a room you too ;) eesh :P been a while since I have heard anyone refer to the police as the 'peelers' lol!

lol, get a room you too ;) eesh :P been a while since I have heard anyone refer to the police as the 'peelers' lol!

I prefer it to pig or filth. :)

My dad was a polis.

I love them.

He was in the Polish mounted police, then he had a war and I think he was in or attatched to the Palestine Police but I can't find anything relating to Polish members of that.

Maybe I misheard something.

Mind you, having said that, I don't usually go above 65.

Hence, my last trip to Manchester from Newcastle and back at 65 there and 60 on the return leg, got me 60.258 mpg. :D

I would really hate to get stuck behind you on the road!! :P

I would really hate to get stuck behind you on the road!! :P

Well now, seeing as you can only do over 60 on dual carriageways and motorways, if you "get stuck" behind me on those roads, it says more about your driving than mine. ;) :P :P

• 1 month later...

May have found a place. Emailed an airfield and got a call, but missed the call

Although Santa Pod is a good suggestion, it's no where near long enough to get a top speed.

For what it's worth, and reference a N/A 2000 Ford Mondeo with a 1.8 black top running 15" steelies completely stock does a 1/4 in 17.8 at around 75mph. Doesnt sound fast but feels it. It also kept pace with a 2010 Fiesta Zetec S, only losing out by about a car length and because I miss shifted.

Hoping to take my 1.8 up there soon and see what difference is.

My petrol 1.6 got 116mph max, thats on the Autobahn sitting for a good while. Done it once, not gonna do it again... No necessary need.

As for motorway driving, i occasionally find myself doing about 10mph over the limit stated, sometimes mind not always. Im sure most coppers dont mind the odd bit speeding as long as we arnt swaying from lane to lane, de-accelerating and hard accelerating. But im probably wishfull thinking in that sense.

I've had 122mph out of my mk6 1.6 petrol fiesta zetec. that was when it was about 3 years old and running on 15" alloys. oddly though, when i upgraded to them to 16" i couldnt get beyond about 115. wouldn't try that again now it's 9 years old!

I've had 122mph out of my mk6 1.6 petrol fiesta zetec. that was when it was about 3 years old and running on 15" alloys. oddly though, when i upgraded to them to 16" i couldnt get beyond about 115. wouldn't try that again now it's 9 years old!

Aye but there are 2 factors to take in.

1. Was the tyre outer circumference diferent with the 15" wheels as this would change the speedo readout?

2. Were they real alloys or just cosmetic alloys?

I'll explain.

A "real" alloy is a lot lighter than the original steel wheel and lessens the overall weight of the car and also improves the handling, due to less unsprung weight.

Cosmetic alloys are usually heavier than steel wheels and add to the overall weight of the car and actually detract fromt he handling.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club