Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Kit Fitted

Lenny

Hey mate

Not sure if you know but That's not the proper Zetec S badge. Think that's from an older fiesta. The new focus and fiesta have the Zetec the same but the S is red and a bit bigger

http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/badges-decals-exterior/zetec-s-front-grille-badge.html

:)

• Like 1

Hey mate

Not sure if you know but That's not the proper Zetec S badge. Think that's from an older fiesta. The new focus and fiesta have the Zetec the same but the S is red and a bit bigger

http://www.teamtorqu...ille-badge.html

:)

thanks mate,

i had planned to get a red S for the front grill and the side fenders but i thought the chrome one would look better on the rear IMO, but i didnt realise that the chrome zetec s badge was designed for the fiesta,

i already have zetec on the rear and this zetecs in chrome cost me the same price as the red S.

i was thinking of buying a cheaper style badge and just using the s lol

Ive finally gotten around to fitting the badge,

it was alot easier than i was expecting, i thought i would need to align each letter but this was not the case,

the badge has a clear film over the front which is also sticky, so it holds the letters in place allowing it to be aligned perfectly and stuck to the body of the car,

once stuck to the car remove the top layer and polish then stick on the kettle have a cup of tea and admire your new ford model lol

imageproxy.jpg.331044c53a9f567c0fbf7d7f5ce03c73.jpg

imageproxy-1.jpg.e05ffef2ff559cdf12bc98b46b687d73.jpg

imageproxy-2.jpg.9f0a7979bf55aa888bae438c3a12d605.jpg

imageproxy-3.jpg.3caaa5a25914f80c379987942cf7e636.jpg

imageproxy-4.jpg.fe1cf4319df5d0fce48514321add714a.jpg

On 5/21/2012 at 10:24 PM, Leemaxd said:

Looks great with the mud flaps on Lenny, must get myself some 🙂

Quick update to inform anyone interested in the custom made zetec s mud flap kits,

the guy i have purchased them from is now selling the kits again just in time to prevent tar from hitting the bodywork and since i bought mine from him last july for £57 they are a complete bargin at his new price of £32.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180897046758?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D180897046758%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

imageproxy-5.jpg.7c1d39d60059cd07b8aeb7c130d1f7b2.jpg

imageproxy-6.jpg.c24d0262f79bcf011fc47a72f7c06c24.jpg

Looking well good there mate.

• Like 1

Looking well good there mate.

Thanks stoney im very happy with the results. but the km per litre has gone down from 34km to 31km per litre since fitting the kit lol

i may swap the full sized spare wheel for a space saver, that should balance things out and gain more boot space too.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lenny,

The kit looks amazin btw! What did it do to the insurance? I'v still got to fit my mud-flaps..iv just been waiting on it to stop raining! Fingers crossed for tomorrow though...

• Like 1

Thanks stoney im very happy with the results. but the km per litre has gone down from 34km to 31km per litre since fitting the kit lol

i may swap the full sized spare wheel for a space saver, that should balance things out and gain more boot space too.

How much would the postage be to swap my space saver with your full size lol be a lot wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Looks good Lenny, I like that zetec s badge, think I like it better than the red one to be honest, might have to change mine now 😉,

Proberly order some of them mud flaps next payday aswell. 👍

• Like 1

On 7/21/2012 at 12:06 AM, jordan_macgregor said:

Hi Lenny,

The kit looks amazin btw! What did it do to the insurance? I'v still got to fit my mud-flaps..iv just been waiting on it to stop raining! Fingers crossed for tomorrow though...

Thanks very much mate,

and that reminds me lol i still have to ring them to declaire the body kit, it does attract some notice from other road users and padestrians, but the cops passed me in the town last saturday 3 of them in an avensis sportsback with the wndows down looking at it while they drove passed, so i waved at them and they give a big wave back at me 😄 so its all good. zetec S isint available over here from the dealers, so my focus kind of stands out from the rest, ive only ever saw another one in red here in the country.

i contacted them before about the DRL's and the took note of them being fitted but it made no difference to the policy.

ill ring the insurance next week and report back about it here.

On 7/21/2012 at 2:12 AM, Brigante said:

How much would the postage be to swap my space saver with your full size lol be a lot wouldn't it?

it would probably cost around £90 postage mate lol

not really worth it at that price you could get the kit in your local dealers and pick up a matching alloy on eBay that would be the ideal spare wheel in my eyes, id even settle for a black light weight steel alloy from ford

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c22e80898

On 7/21/2012 at 6:59 AM, Leemaxd said:

Looks good Lenny, I like that zetec s badge, think I like it better than the red one to be honest, might have to change mine now ,

Proberly order some of them mud flaps next payday aswell.

thanks mate,

i personally prefer the chrome zetec s on the rear and then put the res S on the side fenders and the front grill,

their has been an evolution in research on the flaps mate they are cheaper than the inital seller and i have upload a guide on PDF for fitting, you will just need to make up a little plate for the rear flaps, but that will be no problem to an experienced professional such as yourself mate 😉

here is a link that will explain all and has links to the same flaps as mine for the cheaper price

http://www.fordowner...__1#entry193788

looking foward to august when ill be fitting the ZS grills after they have been sprayed gloss black along with the fog surrounds.

and ive purchased a set of CSR light brows which i plan to colour code moondust silver along with the bonnet strip then hopfully stretch the budget to a set of stock black headlights to better show off the light brows.

http://www.fordowner...__fromsearch__1

imageproxy-7.jpg.eac853dad6c5b52ff7ad2be319e81e8c.jpg

On the above picture Lenny, are your grills actually that dark or is that photos hoped or is it the dullness from the weather?

Your car is absolute stunning, nothing extreme or over the top. Looks great.

• Like 1

Image2123.jpg

On the above picture Lenny, are your grills actually that dark or is that photos hoped or is it the dullness from the weather?

Your car is absolute stunning, nothing extreme or over the top. Looks great.

thanks mate,

that is the actual colour of the existing grills, and they will be for sale soon too.

the only photoshop i done in that image was making the brows and bonnet strip silver to batch the bonnet nothing else.

these is mine FOCUS

Nice Replica mate,

must have cost you alot of money to replace the side fenders and the front bumper aswell as the bonnet and rear spoiler.

are those side skirts custom built to replicate the RS ones?

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting due to a bit of stalking caused by boredom at work - very, very tempted by this.

The difference isn't subtle at all, is it?

• Like 1

On 12/5/2012 at 2:24 PM, cragger89 said:

Resurrecting due to a bit of stalking caused by boredom at work - very, very tempted by this.

The difference isn't subtle at all, is it?

Thanks mate,

It enhances the appearance of the focus also helps handling slightly,

But overall makes it stand out from the crowed perticurally over here where zetecS wasnt an option.

Ive since fcolour coded engine bay parts and fitted the zs grills and had them sprayed gloss black along with a TripleRcomposites gloss black front splitter and a piper 2.5" stainless duplex exhaust.

Hopfully fit some mk3 focus st 19" snow flake alloys next year to finish it off and fill the arches.

imageproxy.jpg.0211c79242510bafeebcd1f1c0072095.jpg

imageproxy-1.jpg.2e0d1d030da2e01688904060017ad1ad.jpg

imageproxy-2.jpg.6c2a23f768ebcbd24a617088735265ce.jpg

imageproxy-3.jpg.8b8af1363033f1774d4f024ca06c75a5.jpg

imageproxy-4.jpg.8825f32ff310fffbf3b2c1093eef9825.jpg

Can you get the ST style in 19s Lenny? I know MS Design did them in 20s, but never seen them in 18s. The RS ones are 19 alright. By the way, the guy who I got my bumper off in Donegal says he has a stunning set of 19s that were on his ST. He didn't have any pics but said he'd send me some if I was interested or knew anyone who was.

You want me to enquire further? Or could just give you his number directly if you want?

Seen a Monaghan reg 'ZS' a few weeks back up here ya know...wonder if they went to the effort you did, or just bought it in the north and transferred the reg!

• Like 1

Can you get the ST style in 19s Lenny? I know MS Design did them in 20s, but never seen them in 18s. The RS ones are 19 alright. By the way, the guy who I got my bumper off in Donegal says he has a stunning set of 19s that were on his ST. He didn't have any pics but said he'd send me some if I was interested or knew anyone who was.

You want me to enquire further? Or could just give you his number directly if you want?

Seen a Monaghan reg 'ZS' a few weeks back up here ya know...wonder if they went to the effort you did, or just bought it in the north and transferred the reg!

Thanks for the offer mate,

Ive spotted them on teamtorquesteer website ford 19" snow flake alloys.

So ill purchase from them along with a set of anti scuff plastic rings from another website to prevent kerbing from day 1 will be june 2013 when i have funds for them though.

Ive spotted a wexford reg red Zs to but o but has a zetec spoiler on it not an ST/Zs one like it should lol but has retro fit HID and must be a 2ltr TDCi because it has a TDCi badge also passed me fairly swift so must be over 120bhp lol

The 19 inch ones are from the mondeo titanium X, so you will need to check they will fit first. I imagine they are very wide, an the RS has the wider arches to cope with the 19"s

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2012 at 10:28 AM, TDCiST said:

Lenny,

I thought you had the ST Upper Grille too??

Hi mate,

No ive just recently fitted the ZetecS grills in gloss black along with gloss black fog surrounds,

But i now prefer the ST upper grill so next year ill upgrade to it in gloss black.

Ive just gotten the black headlights back from the body shop with the browe's painted, please excuse the poor quality pictures,

imageproxy.jpg.4fdd78f2a15055425447887811ec63da.jpg

imageproxy-1.jpg.e6eeb6471a28e12a2f7920c36d7eb831.jpg

imageproxy-2.jpg.1b13a74ff24e60d5855a754676633b43.jpg

• 3 months later...

Sooooo Nice Lenny ...
I will be viewing these photos as i do mine up :) :P

• Like 1

Sooooo Nice Lenny ...

I will be viewing these photos as i do mine up :) :P

Thanks very much mate,

Some other threads of mine you may like to view with a cup of tea are:

Reduce reuse recycle

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32690-reduce-reuse-and-recycle/page-1

Taking Blue oval to blue horizon

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2013/

And fitting the ST pod in dash,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29195-guide-fitting-st-gauge-pod-to-focus-tdci-dash/

I know you dont have a turbo on your focus but you could fit a "scangaugeII" in the pod nicely gives lots of engine info.

Quick update to inform anyone interested in the custom made zetec s mud flap kits,

the guy i have purchased them from is now selling the kits again just in time to prevent tar from hitting the bodywork and since i bought mine from him last july for £57 they are a complete bargin at his new price of £32.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180897046758?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D180897046758%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Image2004.jpg

Image2009.jpg

Hi buddy do ya know if the guy does the mud flaps for the st

Many thanks

• Like 1