Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Bluetooth Audio

Chris Moonhead Doyle

Hello, this is the first time that I've posted on here after constantly reading this site so here goes!

I have a 2008 Fiesta Mk7 Titanium and I have read a number of posts to do with streaming audio over bluetooth. Now from these previous posts I understand that my car shouldnt be able to do this at all, but after updating the audio software using a USB stick from the Ford Connectivity website, it has given me capability to play my music from my iPhone over bluetooth. The only query I have is...why can it only be accessed by using the voice control function e.g. By saying External Device>Bluetooth>Play. The radio display doesn't change and sticks to what it was previously displaying but the audio over bluetooth plays through the stereo, although I am unable to change tracks using the cars stereo or to display the track information. There is no option to access BT Audio by pressing the Aux button either, but this is strange because the car is obviously capable of playing the audio over Bluetooth. Any help?

I have an iPhone 4S running the latest iOS and my car has the silver Ford stereo

Pressing the AUX should cycle through Line In/Bluetooth/USB/iPod depending what's plugged in. Does nothing happen when you press the AUX button? (Try pressing a couple more times)

It cycles through Line In, iPod and USB but the option for bluetooth isn't there. I've tried going onto line in and pressing the left arrow as well to bring up all of the options and it lists all apart from bluetooth. I thought it was because of the age of the car that it doesn't work but on the update it says it's applicable to cars from July 2008 and mine was made in September 2008 :S

Try unplugging the module for a few minutes to see if that resets it

Ok, I've done exactly what was displayed in the video and it is still the same as it was before. The phone connectivity has always worked as it should do, it's just the audio over bluetooth option isn't available for some reason :S

Can only assume then as your car is one of the first built that it wasn't a feature back then. Even though the module now has the new firmware maybe the stereo requires it too. But that is something only a dealer or mechanic with Ford IDS could do.

The only query I have is...why can it only be accessed by using the voice control function e.g. By saying External Device>Bluetooth>Play. The radio display doesn't change and sticks to what it was previously displaying but the audio over Bluetooth plays through the stereo, although I am unable to change tracks using the cars stereo or to display the track information. There is no option to access BT Audio by pressing the Aux button either, but this is strange because the car is obviously capable of playing the audio over Bluetooth. Any help?

I have an iPhone 4S running the latest iOS and my car has the silver Ford stereo

I too have the same problem, phone has option to stream through "ford audio" but the stereo shows no option for bluetooth! However thanks for that piece of info about voice control, tried that and mine does that too which i didnt know! :D Though i cant control the music through the car buttons either.. surely our stereos need updated? I doubt ford would be much use tho last time i asked them they denied that my car was even capable of streaming music over bluetooth haha.

Same response to you Jack, most likely the car needs updating but not something a dealer is usually willing to attempt or will charge a lot of money for.

The first build Fiesta's could never do BT autdio officialy no matter what you do. It was only a option on 2009 onwards when Ford changed it. My first MK7 Fiesta (october 08 build) had the same problem. I suspect the radio's will need changing to make it show up.

• 3 years later...

Good day all!

Apologies for digging out an old thread, but i have recently bought a 2009 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI 90PS with bluetooth / voice control but NO usb.

Please confirm that i am not able to stream music currently, and that the only way to do so would be to upgrade modules, cabling etc as mentioned previously in this post.

I also read somewhere that under the glovebox, on the bluetooth module itself there is a usb port? Or in my case do i have to buy the USB/Bluetooth module in order to be able to upgrade the software? to support streaming?

Really appreciate your replies

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, 

Just like min91 above, I have a 2009 fiesta titanium and have bluetooth without USB. Is there no way to update the firmware without the usb function? (is there an internal USB somewhere I can access to update the firmware perhaps?)

Thanks in advance and I hope someone picks up this thread! Would be great to get audio through bluetooth working... seems a waste to have all the hardware but no way of updating the software...

• Sad 1

• 3 years later...

hi every one have recentley bought a 59 plate zetez s stereo has anx audio in usb and and also says has bouetooth but doesnt seem to be working only radio and cd cant change bt to on just off all the timme aux button doesnt do anything on front of stereo any ideas Thanks

• Sad 1

• 2 years later...

Hello, have you found a solution? I am in the same case my phone streams music on ford audio but nothing is displayed in the menu aux, no possibility to change USB source FORD AUDIO IPOD. I have already updated the bluetooth module enable the option with ids try to disconnect the battery fuses but nothing. Anyone have the solution? Thank you 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club