Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Cruise Control/activating Tyre Dds Etc Etc To Mk3 Focus

james_60

Hi Guys

As you will see from my other post i have now bought a new focus zetec.

Before it is ready for my to collect iam wondering if anyone has any idea if i can do the same that i did to my focus titanium so i can activate switched off options

Jamie

Right Sure 1 of those 93 views is mine so the other 92 could have replied but could not be arsed :-(

Jamie

Perhaps they don't know the answer ?

I certainly have no useful info to contribute to this thread as it is not something I would need to do to my car or have the know how to do anyway !! lol

Good luck in finding your advice.

well of course you woudnt because your car already !Removed! has cruise control.

I knew going down a few models would leave me like this

Jamie

I imagine it is possible just like the MK7 Fiesta - unfortunately I don't have access to a MK3 Focus to test.

Hi, I'm not sure about the cruise control, I know it is only a £200 option, but I would have thought the cost of fitting it afterwards might be prohibitive, even if was physically possible. The DDS isn't even an option on the Zetec. Of course it might be possible but then the displays I think are different from the Zetec to the Titanium. I am not sure if the type 1 would mean that it doesn't contain the necessary electronics to actually display the DDS. therefore you might need a type 2 and then there is no guarantee the ecu would recognise it. I would have thought, even though it is too late now, it would have been better to have purchased, and cheaper, to have specified the cruise control option. Or if it is pre-owned, a Titanium with all the goodies you wanted..

Chris

I knew going down a few models would leave me like this

Out of interest, what made you go from a Titanium Mk2.5 to a Zetec Mk3? Don't think I would have been keen to downstep a spec and lose the toys just to have the latest model :unsure:

I would have thought the hassle and expense of trying to enable cruise wouldn't be worth it ultimately though. Might be worth you looking at the Fiesta section as I remember there being a few threads about enabling it there so that might give you a few clues? Good luck :)

Once someone creates a program similar to ff2 etc etc with the elm327 i will be able to enable it and then just install the buttons etc

When you are offered a new car by parents you dont say no do you ?

Jamie

Wish I had parents like that.

Your the first I have seen to look at switching things on, on the Mk 3. So I doubt very much anybody has given it a real go yet.

thats because iam devastated that it doesent have those features "enabled" Iam going to cry somewhere quiete

Jamie

thats because iam devastated that it doesent have those features "enabled" Iam going to cry somewhere quiete

Jamie

out of interest mate,

what sort of a trade in price are you getting for your mk2.5 ?

and what colour is the new focus.

10550 for my old one (20,000 nearly) and its in mooooooooondust silver (More like saliva) before i saw how nice silver was i used to call it martians moondust saliva

Jamie

10550 for my old one (20,000 nearly) and its in mooooooooondust silver (More like saliva) before i saw how nice silver was i used to call it martians moondust saliva

Jamie

Thats a good deal on the trade in mate, i bought mine new in september of 2010 for 19,599.00 the equivalent in sterling it was £15,643.54 so i reckon you got a good trade in deal on yours for £10,550 my focus and preee's are moondust silver too, you will notice a sparke in the paint when the sun shines on it too and i reckin its a good colour and contrast's nicely with the black grills

a good mod for you would be to have the grills done in gloss black, would look sweet.

I think the problem here Jamie is experience, and there really hasnt been enough people out there who want to switch all the toys on the new motor on. You have to bear in mind, if you switch them on, you could invalidate your warranty, as its not factory fresh! so be careful what you want to do with it!

As for the tyre DD's I would be surprised if the sensors where there, as for the Cruise Control, I expect you wont have the unit installed, nor the sensors, so I expect it would be a more painful process, than working it onto your titanium...

ive just had a great idea,

if your titanium focus has the cruise control steering wheel, then park the car up at the garage for the trade in, then remove the steering wheel and drive home in your new focus, with the cruise control wheel ready to swap them over ;)

the garage never inspect the traded in car until you gone lol

Hi Jamie,

I think I may be about to disappoint you here.

Firslty I am a Ford Master Tech at a Ford Main Dealer. I also own a new Mk3 so have a particular interest in that vehicle,

Sorry to say, unless your Mk3 Zettec is a mis- build (unlkely) you will only have the revised level 2 GEM and lower rated PCB fitted. Unfortunately these do not support the Cruise Control/Speed Limiter which is fitted in combination. It will be a huge expense to uprate the GEM and PCB (not siimply a matter of WDS options and the Titanium steering wheeI). It will also not support DDS although it is not a very good or accurate system anyway.

Uprating the GEM/PCB isa job I certainly would not like to take on,mainly due to the cost but it would be a swine to do in any case. That is without the warranty issues involved as well.

Paul

oh well :-( i will do without for a year or two

im not easily dissapointed

Lenny isnt it past your bedtime yet lol :ph34r:

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club