Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taking My Fiesta To France - Advice

antman99

Hi All,

As you may know I have a 1.6 tdci titanium, Due to cost of eurostart and flights vs eurotunnel I will be taking her and the girlfriend to Disneyland Paris in July.

A few questions for anyone who may have taken there Fiesta, what sort of ride is it as in nearly 7 hours sat in the car id imagine it must get uncomfortable, I only ever do a max of 2 at the moment, any advice on making it a more comforable ride.

Anyone who has ever been on the Eurotunnel what is it like getting on the train, any sharp ramps etc as I have the ZS kit it makes it low.

Driving in France, What are the motorways like over there (I know obviously they pay tolls, are they smoother).

Also any other advice?

Thanks.

I'm taking the Eurotunnel and going to Disneyland Paris 2 weeks today :)

The last time I went I was in my MK6.5 1.4 petrol and it was fine.

I have been in my MK7 for hours on end and don't have any problems.

Will report back on the train and clearance but I don't foresee any issues (and mine will be 10mm lower than yours)

Motorways are an absolute joy to drive over there - I much prefer driving in Europe compared to the UK (I can drive on the right straightaway with no issues, it's when I come back here I forget to switch back!)

Afternoon

I drove to the South of France last year no with problems what so ever. I have 1.25 Zetec and it coped fine. It did struggle at some stages due the car being fully loaded with luggage, this just made overtaking a bit risky due to the lack of power, but apart from that all is well. I went via ferry so can not really comment on the Euro tunnel.

Roads were amazingly smooth and a real joy to drive.

Reece

I drove down past Paris last yer to the Loire region And my zetec s was faultless. Very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. I would say if you are going round the peripherique dont just rely on sat nav as mine lost signal through tunnels and tried to take me the wrong way. take a map, mind you going to Disney I'm sure there will be signs.

As for the roads they are lovely and smooth. There are services every 10 to 20 km. the road etiquette of the French is so much better than ours. They pull out overtake and pull back in.

I really enjoyed it and you should be fine. Just remember you have to have warning triangle, hi vis vests, spare bulbs I think and now I think you need breatherlisers to or is that later this year?

Enjoy your trip

Adrian

Hi All,

As you may know I have a 1.6 tdci titanium, Due to cost of eurostart and flights vs eurotunnel I will be taking her and the girlfriend to Disneyland Paris in July.

A few questions for anyone who may have taken there Fiesta, what sort of ride is it as in nearly 7 hours sat in the car id imagine it must get uncomfortable, I only ever do a max of 2 at the moment, any advice on making it a more comforable ride.

Anyone who has ever been on the Eurotunnel what is it like getting on the train, any sharp ramps etc as I have the ZS kit it makes it low.

Driving in France, What are the motorways like over there (I know obviously they pay tolls, are they smoother).

Also any other advice?

Thanks.

I live in France and have a 2012 1.25 82 hp Fiesta; keep the revs up as passing trucks meaning you will have to think in advance about overtaking, the autoroutes are super smooth but you will have to pay and it's getting more expensive.

I like using the secondary roads as you see more scenery and they are free.

Leave the autoroutes to buy fuel as it costs much more than on the toll roads.

I am thinking of taking mine on the boat to Corsica on Friday with friends from Australia, but with 4 onboard will there be enough room for the luggage and enough power for the mountainous roads, maybe I should have bought a 1.6 ; but maybe I will take our old X Type?

Depending on where you are going, in Brittany for example driving is a breeze, in the Paris region a bit hairy, in the South where I am from they are petrol heads and tend to tailgate you lol

Watch out for speeding cameras (fixed and mobile) and alcohol limits 0.25%.... France has changed!!

Good luck and have a great time!

Anthony

One of the reasons I got the Fiesta diesel was on the 3rd of June I'm driving through France to Barcelona and on down to Malaga then back up through Madrid, San Sabastian and back up the west coast of France to Calais. I have done this journey many times and find the roads in both France and Spain to be in better condition than ours and less crowded just remember the new French laws on carrying a breathalizer kit in the car. As for ferries vs tunnel I've used both, the tunnel is faster but way too expensive. Enjoy :D

• 2 years later...

Can anybody tell me exactly where to place the headlamp beam converters (AA/Eurolites) on a 2011 Fiesta. The supposedly simple instructions aren't particularly clear about where exactly they should be placed. It looks as if you just need to use the circular section of the converter, but really not quite sure where exactly on the glass they need to be placed. If anybody has a photo of their placement that would be great.

Thanks

Keith

Last Christmas I drove to my parents in law, in Hungary, a 1600km trip from Denmark, took me about 16 hours, found the fiesta very comfortable and quiet, my girlfriend thought the same, cruise control also helped a lot! In a month my girlfriend and I will go to Hungary again, and Croatia, so I'm putting my AC to the test!

I don't have any experience with roads in France, sorry☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

No more breathalizer needed in your car. Just yellow reflective jacket and emergency warning triangle

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

Can anybody tell me exactly where to place the headlamp beam converters (AA/Eurolites) on a 2011 Fiesta. The supposedly simple instructions aren't particularly clear about where exactly they should be placed. It looks as if you just need to use the circular section of the converter, but really not quite sure where exactly on the glass they need to be placed. If anybody has a photo of their placement that would be great.

Thanks

Keith

You don't need to buy them. If you have the projector headlights (as oppose to the reflector ones fitted in base models style, studio etc) there is a little switch inside that changes the beam pattern.

• Like 1

A quick note on the breathalyser ... the french can not enforce a fine for not carrying them.

Also make sure hi-viz (safety jacket) for all persons travelling in the vehicle are actually in the car (not the boot) it is illegal to exit the car on a motorway without the hi-viz on.

Any excuse for a free coffee is the term I like to use.

You don't need to buy them. If you have the projector headlights (as oppose to the reflector ones fitted in base models style, studio etc) there is a little switch inside that changes the beam pattern.

do you no where the switch is to change the beam pattern for when driving in Europe ? :)

Adam , I believe it's the leveller, the 1-4 switch that adjusts the beam height up/down.

Just have it on no. 2 for rest of europe.

It's not the leveller Rog, you have to remove the headlights and it's next to the bulb. Will try and get a pic up later.

Cheers Nathan, curious to see what you mean.

My Fiesta is a Titanium and I'm pretty sure they're not projector headlights. I've not seen any switches on the back of the headlight housings.

My Fiesta is a Titanium and I'm pretty sure they're not projector headlights. I've not seen any switches on the back of the headlight housings.

They will be projectors.

Reflectors

dscn4512t.jpg

Projectors

$(KGrHqZ,!p!FCwWOi+ILBQ4dPSoKDw~~60_35.J

If you remove the headlight from your car (passenger side) and flip the switch which is next to the dipped beam bulb (highlighted in green) it will adjust the beam pattern

post-14846-0-62657300-1402603796.jpg

You only really need to adjust the passenger one as that stops you blinding drivers on the other side of the road. If you adjust the drivers one you'll be lighting up the path/side of the road [when driving on other side]

This is my simple diagram showing beam pattern on left-hand drive Vs right-hand drive.

post-14846-0-01234100-1402603910_thumb.p

post-14846-0-62657300-1402603796_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yep,looks like I have projectors after all. Is it difficult to remove the headlight to get to the switch?

Thanks for all your help - appreciated.

Keith

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club