Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pimp My Metal!

FraserTheGiant

Hi all,

I will be collecting my Metal end of June!

I just wanted to see what people thought about adding an induction kit to it from Mountune? Not really sure how it will sound as standard?

Also i am toying with the idea of geting an underseat sub to go with the Sony head unit. Again im not sure if i will really need this so just wanted to get some feedback from people.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance....

The Metal sounds really good as standard although a Mountune kit will give it the edge. You'll love the car, what colour are you getting?

The Metal sounds really good as standard although a Mountune kit will give it the edge. You'll love the car, what colour are you getting?

I went for Frozen White with the black alloys, geting the mirror caps sprayed black aswell. Cannot wait to get it on the road haha

I find the stereo is very good as I thought about a subwoofer but decided it was loud enough without. The metal sounds great standard, I'm loving it now driving with windows down as can hear it more. You'll love your new metal, it's a great car 😃 I've just de tangoed mine and that alone makes a huge difference to the look of the lights.

• 2 weeks later...

hey congrats on ordering your metal ive switched from vag as the new polo n ibiza is absolute pants, the fiesta sounds were even more impressive compared to when test driving. put it this way ive got a cd in there at the moment and my bass levels are on the - side and still kicks out as if the Speakers haved been amped.

ive heard a mountune converted mk7 zetec s which sounded very nice but that was with the exhaust aswell so wouldnt have a clue how just the induction kit combined with the metals exhaust would be.

froggy i wanted to ask does your metal have a slight flutter on cold starts almost like a miss fire but everything is fine? ive had mine for 2 weeks with 400 miles on it and for first time in my life driving like a granny no excessive revin etc yet you can hear almost as if there is a slight miss. you have to look very hard and will spot the slight flutter on the rev counter at idle.

thanks and hope you enjoy your metal Fraser

Hi, yeah I can see my rev needle going down then back up again while idling but cannot hear any variations in the engine noise. Do your brakes make a noise when coming to a stop, a whining noise, or is it just me with over sensitive hearing. I've had a corsa in the past which was the same.

Glad you like your metal. I ran mine in for 1000miles and was very glad when I could rev it. Sadly I've had a few water leak problems with mine which is very annoying on a new car but otherwise it is a great car and real fun to drive.

On the Induction kit side of things, I'd definitely recommend the J1 Automotive induvtion kit. It's highly regarded as the best induction kit for the mk7 fiesta. It sounds amazing, pretty quiet until you boot it, then after 3.5k it roars, it's pretty addictive lol

On the Induction kit side of things, I'd definitely recommend the J1 Automotive induvtion kit. It's highly regarded as the best induction kit for the mk7 fiesta. It sounds amazing, pretty quiet until you boot it, then after 3.5k it roars, it's pretty addictive lol

I would agree there, the J1 seems like the best kit available and its the one that I'm saving up for, saying that you get a pretty nice induction roar from the standard air box

Hi

I thought the metal had a different air intake system already.

It will be interesting if there is a remap available for this engine as its already increased from 120ps lol

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club