Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting A S1600

r3ign

Hello Guys/Girls

I'm back after owning a fiesta Zetec-s and then turned to 2 seats I can happily say that im aback again with a second hand fiesta on the way :).

I cant wait!

I my opinion fords are one of the best when it comes to quality especially compared to seats (good cars but lack the quality ford offer)

right so here are the specs of the S1600 (should have it within the next 3 weeks or less)

Year: 11 plate (120 ps version) - reason being as it fitted my budget perfectly)

Mileage: 6,000

Colour: metallic blue (forgotten the name)

Extras:

• Full Mountune 140 upgrade
  • Keyless entry / Start stop
  • spair wheel
  • bluetooth

some things I'm considering are:

• Changing the alloys to piano black
  • removing the vinyl (what's your opinion on this? / anyone done it? )
  • tint rear 3 windows

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• r3ign

• Marcr1

• Ross M

• ST11 MCC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good choice! The S1600 is a fantastic car. I've got the 134bhp version but as you're monutuning yours. They're as good as the same car. With the wheels that's the only downfall as they're always dirty! I wash my car weekly and it takes a good while to get them perfect. I've not removed the vinyl off mine though as I think it adds to the character of the car and is a head turner. Also do you get the twin exhaust pipes with the monotune? I think they really do add to the look of the car.

Hope you enjoy the car when you get it. You'll have to upload some pics

Good choice! The S1600 is a fantastic car. I've got the 134bhp version but as you're monutuning yours. They're as good as the same car. With the wheels that's the only downfall as they're always dirty! I wash my car weekly and it takes a good while to get them perfect. I've not removed the vinyl off mine though as I think it adds to the character of the car and is a head turner. Also do you get the twin exhaust pipes with the monotune? I think they really do add to the look of the car.

Hope you enjoy the car when you get it. You'll have to upload some pics

Yeah with the Mountune kit it will be the whole lot (straight from the manifold and will incluse the twin exit exhausts)

I do agree the twin exit set the fiesta off nicely, but with the 134 they have cut a part of the rear diffuser to allow for the exhaust to sit nicely (that looks much better than mine will) - but i can always cut it out myself

Vinyl - I'm still unsure weather to remove it as the more i look at it the more i want to keep it on like you said it makes it unusual.

alloys - yeah the same as black alloys i guess, just a pain to keep clean unless there's some wheel polish out there that would help keep them clean longer?

Thank you - I cant wait to collect the car now :) i cant remember but do the S1600 come with the front chin spoiler ?

Will defiantly post pics of the S1600

Watch this space :P

Yeah they do have a front splitter under the bumper, unless you really look you don't see it though. I've been looking to get white and blue DMB badges to, think they would look really good on the car.

There are probably products out there that you can use on your wheels but I can't see them working that well.

Ps the leather is a killer in this heat we're having lately when you get in the car

Yeah they do have a front splitter under the bumper, unless you really look you don't see it though. I've been looking to get white and blue DMB badges to, think they would look really good on the car.

There are probably products out there that you can use on your wheels but I can't see them working that well.

Ps the leather is a killer in this heat we're having lately when you get in the car

That's good,

nice, that would look good on the front and back but not sure about the alloys though as the blue contrasts nicely with the white.

Yeah, will have to research on the alloy cleaners,

Ah, typical my first car with Leather and it turns out to be a negative point lol. cant wait for the winter then haha :P

What extras do you have on yours? Marc ?

Haha it was the same with me. First car to have leather seats. They're mega comfy and I didn't mean to put you off them. It's just the initial bit :') when they're hot to touch.

Really good in the cold though with the heated seats.

Mines got all the usual stuff, heated seats, start button, bluetooth stereo/phone etc

I've also put climair wind deflectors on which look really nice.

What car did you come from to the S1600?

Haha it was the same with me. First car to have leather seats. They're mega comfy and I didn't mean to put you off them. It's just the initial bit :') when they're hot to touch.

Really good in the cold though with the heated seats.

Mines got all the usual stuff, heated seats, start button, Bluetooth stereo/phone etc

I've also put climair wind deflectors on which look really nice.

What car did you come from to the S1600?

Yeah they seem very comfy,

ha no worries,

nice, how are you finding the 'Ford Power' Button as apposed to the keys?

liking the wind deflectors though.

I came from a Seat Cupra (Great car but pricey to run (oil every 5k miles or so) and poor quality plastic creaking every time. but good fun.

Going to miss the performance but it could be worse. but im only dropping 40bhp but thinking of getting the 155 upgrade.

Ive got the white s1600 without the stripes. Think the blue one looks better with the stripes as it matches the wheels but if youre going to be changing the wheel colour then it should be ok but i think the white wheels look awesome.

Yeah the ford power button is good! Never have to worry about the keys! They are pretty quick the S1600's especially higher up the revs and they're a light car so you shouldn't feel a big lack of power. I came from a 1.4 Fiat Grande Punto so it was a big step up in power for me.

I do agree with WilkoS1600 the wheels on the blue car really set it off.

I polished and waxed the car today. Took 3 hours... Worth it though looks amazing but I'm already feeling sorry for my back in the morning :-/

Ive got the white s1600 without the stripes. Think the blue one looks better with the stripes as it matches the wheels but if youre going to be changing the wheel colour then it should be ok but i think the white wheels look awesome.

Yeah the ford power button is good! Never have to worry about the keys! They are pretty quick the S1600's especially higher up the revs and they're a light car so you shouldn't feel a big lack of power. I came from a 1.4 Fiat Grande Punto so it was a big step up in power for me.

I do agree with WilkoS1600 the wheels on the blue car really set it off.

I polished and waxed the car today. Took 3 hours... Worth it though looks amazing but I'm already feeling sorry for my back in the morning :-/

Thanks foe the feedback Wilko, I do agree the stripes do make the car. and im still not sure weather to change the colour of the alloys. so need to think this through before i make any big decissions.

Possibilities:

• Black alloys - Black roof
  • Keep it standard with stripes on and add the Eibach lowering springs option.
    Wow! have you got any pics Marc?
    Going to phone the dealer tomorrow to see how long do i have to wait for the S1600 - even though its less power than the cupra i'm really looking forward to personalising the car :)
    Cant wait to get it now.
    Will keep you all updated with pics too :)

If your'e keeping the white wheels I'd definitely recommend FK1000p sealant (or the cheaper alternative SP1000P) to keep them clean. I took all the wheels off and washed them to within an inch of their lives, polished, 1x coat of Turtle Wax Nano Tech wheel wax and 2x coats of the above sealant. All the wheel muck can be hosed off now, sometimes rubbed with a m/f but stil lcomes off sooo easily.

If your'e keeping the white wheels I'd definitely recommend FK1000p sealant (or the cheaper alternative SP1000P) to keep them clean. I took all the wheels off and washed them to within an inch of their lives, polished, 1x coat of Turtle Wax Nano Tech wheel wax and 2x coats of the above sealant. All the wheel muck can be hosed off now, sometimes rubbed with a m/f but stil lcomes off sooo easily.

nice, will look into this .

how much times do you have to re-apply the FK/SP 1000P ?

monthly? or does it depend on the dirtiness of the wheel.

I usually do it once every 3 months, it lasts ages. As long as you regularly give the wheels a power wash/quick run over with a wet mitt ro remove light amounts of brake dust etc, it should last a long time.

Hello All! :D

I have recently bought a S1600 and I absolutely love it. B) Mine does not have the top stripes over it and I am pleased that it doesn't. It is good to hear another owner with a white one that doesn't have the stripes. I did read that someone had the starter button? Mine doesn't? Is this right? :unsure:

I hope you all enjoy the car as much as I am!

Ross

The Ford Power was an optional extra, so you've not been done over or anything.

Yeah I agree it's definately the best car I've ever had and everyone who sees it agrees! Especially for the money it comes with all the gadgets, looks amazing and is pretty quick.

It's all about a blue S1600 though, sorry guys ;) mwahaha

Also r3ign I have some pics in my profile gallery of the car

I am biased towards white as my previous car was white :wub: although my dad has the MK1 rs only in blue ;)

Cheers for the heads up regarding the power button!

Ooooh very nice :blink:. I do like white cars a lot mind and the Fiesta's do look really good in white, I had a mk6 in White as my previous car but thought i'd have a change and went for the blue :P

Thats cool! I do like the blue S1600's as well!

I am colour blind so blue just doesn't shout enough for me! :D :D

- Little Update -

The dealership's getting the car in by the end of the week :)

So, I'm hopefully going to get the car early next week as they will need a day or 2 to fit my extras (see below)

I've finally agreed on what I want:

• Keep the vinyl on and keep alloys same colour
  • with the Mountune 140 i'm going to get it lowered on ebiachs (25mm drop I think) - cant drop it too much as I wont be able to get in to my drive haha.

Also r3ign I have some pics in my profile gallery of the car

Just had a look at them, car looks clean and fresh.

The white actually contrasts well with the blue,

I like :)

got mine lowered with 30mm eibachs and a pipercross HFIC sorry if the pics are a bit big lol

538927_10150833569837562_536782561_9707306_852980599_n.jpg

IMG_1092.jpgIMG_1068.jpg

Car looks nice!

yeah lowering defiantly makes a difference not only looks wise but handling too (was very impressed with the demo car I test drove (with springs on)

here's a pic of the test car : (special edition WR2 Zetec-s) http://www.wrdavies.co.uk/motorsportdesign/wr2.aspx

I do love the look of those wrc replica cars! Nearly £16000 for a fiesta is a bit steep though. Your S1600 should be quicker than that to. They're only 120bhp aren't they?

If I had the money I'd be so tempted to get the full WRC body kit for mine! If only :(

I do love the look of those wrc replica cars! Nearly £16000 for a fiesta is a bit steep though. Your S1600 should be quicker than that to. They're only 120bhp aren't they?

If I had the money I'd be so tempted to get the full WRC body kit for mine! If only :(

well some are the standard 120 but that particular one has got the 140 mountune kit and lowering springs.

I was looking on getting that on finance but worked out too expensive in the end. so may re visit the vinyl part at a later date (they said they could make up a kit just for my car) but comes with a price though £1000 for the vinyl fitting included though