Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting A S1600

r3ign

alright mate noticed that they gave you rubber mats, just wondering if you got the ford motorsport mats too as they come standard with the car.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• r3ign

• Marcr1

• Ross M

• ST11 MCC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pics! I really like the de-tangoing. Something I really want to do on my front headlights but I don't have any pennies :(

alright mate noticed that they gave you rubber mats, just wondering if you got the ford motorsport mats too as they come standard with the car.

they never gave me the ford Motorsport ones I did ask and they said the previous owner kept them and they can't get any replacement ones except for the standard rubber ones :(

and the bulbs are cheap as chips (will get the link for you when I finish work)

thats pretty crap like. think they said they cant get replacements cos when i got mine someone had pinched them from showroom and they had to order new ones and they cost £58 for full set lol. have a look on eBay see if theres any on there cos they really do look good.

quick question how hard are rear light to detango? done the fronts but looked a hassle to get rears out lol

Nice pics! I really like the de-tangoing. Something I really want to do on my front headlights but I don't have any pennies :(

and the bulbs are cheap as chips (will get the link for you when I finish work)

Come on, only £3.98 delivered here ;)

quick question how hard are rear light to detango? done the fronts but looked a hassle to get rears out lol

Really easy. Open the boot and remove the 2 screws from the light. Pull back the boot carpet so you can get your hand behind the light, there's a butterfly nut to unscrew with your fingers. Once done just pull out :)

as easy as that :lol: cheers dude will give them a go at the weekend maybe

as easy as that :lol: cheers dude will give them a go at the weekend maybe

as Nath Said, but the carpet was a pain to pull back, i found taking the centre plastic part on the boot (where the hinge is) off and then pull the carpet off like that.

Nath - Thanks for the guide, Really informative :) _ thats my weekend sorted :D

thats pretty crap like. think they said they cant get replacements cos when i got mine someone had pinched them from showroom and they had to order new ones and they cost £58 for full set lol. have a look on ebay see if theres any on there cos they really do look good.

Yeah gutted :(

ave you got any pics of yours?

Will have a look on Ebay- thanks

Come on, only £3.98 delivered here ;)

Cheers for that hun. Will they defo fit my car? Bit worried about doing it though. I am a girl after all :unsure:

I was looking at these, but just not in my budget at the minute.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK6-MK7-02-08-BLACK-ANGEL-EYE-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMPS-PAIR-/320883102525?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab61f933d#ht_886wt_952

Loving the picture on the train track! :-) Like the rear light mod too! <_<

I am having some simple mods done to mine in a few weeks, shall post up pictures of course :)

Having anything nice done?

Im not getting email notifications when people reply to my posts??!!?? Can someone help me out??

I am getting the front fog light surrounds, front grille area / number plate area and lower mini splitter done gloss black along with the rear diffuser the same way. My local body shop are only charging me such a small amount to do it! :)

I love how the MK2 rs has had these done and I know that large car companies are saving money, but in my eyes (especially on the S1600 model) they should have been done this way from the offset :)

Ross

I totally agree, they look really nice! You'll have to post some pics up when they're done

Will do! ;) Next thing will be a set of lowering springs :D

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE::

Car is now fully De-Tangoed (pics to follow when I get a chance to clean the fezza)

and::

a random / small upgrade:

Horn.jpg

Horns off a Mondeo ST 220 2003

I believe that they use the same fitting as the Fiesta (will confirm this when I get around to fitting it)

Why am I changing the horns? - well I prefer a deeper tone horn :)

Will post some more pictures as i'm fitting it :)

• 1 month later...

::: UPDATE :::

Hello Everyone,

It's been some time since I've updated my thread

However I have done some mods (well thanks to iNath :P ) and here they are;

1. Power Fold Mirrors - DONE
  2. Cruise Control - DONE

And I received these in the post today :

7931333188_0927688ca3.jpg

7931332398_238256bd9a.jpg

7931331832_2ac1d10808.jpg

7931331110_8976d7407e.jpg

I'm also in the process of spraying the interior plastics Gloss Black and performance blue (will post pics when finished)

Yeah that works fine! Haha spooky! I just put dmb's on mine tonight :D

Yeah that works fine! Haha spooky! I just put dmb's on mine tonight :D

haha awsome! same colour?

im doing a gloss black / blue theme inside hence the dark DMB :)

Yeah :lol: Snap!

photo11ih.jpg

Oooh very nice - look forward to the pics

Hi every one,

I got my S1600 2 Months ago and it was the best choice i have ever made, you just don't get bore of the looks and its very quick for a 1.6. getting mine

Mountuned to 140 then 155 next year looking forward to it, enjoy the car man you wont regret it!

I wouldnt remove the vinyl it takes away te character of the s1600. Check out my s1600 on the 'detaining + front and side skirt splitters' thread for sone good pics.

think keeping the vinyl is bit of an age thing, correct me if im wrong tho. i just felt keeping the stripes made the car look a bit young for me and only car that gets away with the stripes is a dodge viper. think it looks good with just the side stripe, as it still lets everyone know that its a s1600 but thats just me lolDSCF2255.jpg

• 9 years later...

This is my s1600 it’s lowered has TRC ground effects kit and cat back with a cherry bomb backbox and heko wind deflectors

7BF37350-41A2-46CB-8C81-B3E24BA2198E.jpeg