Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyfob Reprogramming

Ian Davies_33302

Hi , My mate has a ford S-max titanium 11 plate and lost his keyfob, well he's brought a replacement and wants to program it to the car how does he go about this other than take it to ford. Its got the power start button and no ignition

Thanks Ian

Auto locksmiths will do it for him via the data port.

You can do it yourself - there is a "how-to" guide here, but you may have to be a member of the smax owners club to see it (£10 but cheaper than getting a dealer/locksmith to do it!):

http://www.smaxowner...key+fob+program

with the link above,

does this program the pats? system or just the central locking?

You can programme the central locking yourself but on a Mk2 Focus and above (which a Smax is basically under the skin) the ability to programme PATS2 immobilisers was removed from the system (it used to be that you only needed the 2 original keys to add more).

I can categorically state that to programme keys to your car, you will have to get them added via the OBD port using a programming terminal.

Auto Locksmiths and Ford have these and also some Garages may have them too but Ford will charge you about 2 hours labour for the job although it takes about 30 seconds to do.

You are best off ringing around to find the best deal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club