Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juddering And Loss Of Power?

gremlynn

Hi all,need a little advice as i dont have a clue lol.Within the last week my car has been playing up,its a 1997 ford ka.When i first start the engine the car is vibrating lots and i can hear slight revving.When driving its constantly juddering whatever speed im doing,its worse when i accelerate like the cars really trying to go faster but is struggling,had a slight wiff of burning the other day but not smelt that since,also think i might have suspension problems on front left side as theres been quite a lot of creaking and squeaking,not sure if these problems are related or not.really wary of taking it to the garage incase i get ripped off,any ideas whats going on?,money is a big issue for me at the minute and i cant afford to buy another car,just hope its nothing to serious and expensive.

Sounds like its misfireing. When was it last serviced?

I would start by replacing the plugs and leads. If they have not been changed for a while I would change the fuel filter and air filter as well. If that lot doesnt sort it, you may need to change the coil pack as well.

if the service you give it dont work then perhaps change the ht leads.

the suspension seems to be worn from your description

buypartsby.com is a good place to look for parts

sounds like you may need

drop link

anti roll bar bushes

lower suspension arm (wishbone)

that's what i would change & i usually do both sides if the car is that old and

whilst at it change the brake disk's & pads as it's all got to come off so 2 birds with one stone

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update to say all sparkplugs have been changed and this has sorted the juddering problem out.I checked back on a earlier mot and the wishbone was on an advisory,so would you say this is what is causing the creaking?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club