Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Audio / Phone Via Bluetooth

figs122uk

Hello Guys!

Ive had my 61reg Fiesta Zetec for a good 7 months now, but something is bugging me...

I have set up my phone through bluetooth no problem. My 'setup' is that i plug my phone in through USB (to charge it) and have my bluetooth on aswell.

But when i first had the car, if i received or made a call, whilst listening to music through my iPhone, it would 'dim down' the music into the background whilst i have my conversation.

But now, it doesnt. As i receive or make a call, it just cuts my music off and of course rings... How can i get it back to how it previously was?

Please help me, thank you!

Hi, Sounds like the phone software has caused this. Have you updated your iPhone to iso5 as this caused a lot of problems on the ford vehicle range when they first released it. If it has been changed in the phone software you will not be able to go back to how it was. Ford have released some bluetooth updates which have made improvements on the system and also enabled new features. If you have the usb version i think you can update the system your self at http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates , but read the instructions first and make shore your battery is well charged as it take 22mins to do the update and the gin has to be on the whole time.

I did the update on mine it only take about 5 mins you just have to sit twiddling your thumbs

• 3 weeks later...

I have just updated my in car audio, and still it is the same as the original post.

This is ridiculously frustrating

Thank you :(

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the Fiesta mk 7 software update is a 'newer' update than the one that was released last year? You would think that Ford would show the date and version of the update?

I updated my software in 2011 but there was no mention of what version it was. Is it possible to check the version of the installed bluetooth software?

Can anyone tell me if the Fiesta mk 7 software update is a 'newer' update than the one that was released last year? You would think that Ford would show the date and version of the update?

Yes, the most recent update is April 2012. Ford do show the date, it's in the 'Releasenotes_April_2012_EN' file (you need to download the zip file and it's in there)

Is it possible to check the version of the installed bluetooth software?

Not that I'm aware of.

Thanks iNath. :o)

Since updating with the last software update, my 'speed related volume' has not worked. A minor issue I know but I did quite like that, so I'll give the latest update a try.

Since ive updated - ive noticed if you watch YouTube clips on your phone whilst connected to the usb in the car - it thinks your watching it through your tv

Since ive updated - ive noticed if you watch YouTube clips on your phone whilst connected to the usb in the car - it thinks your watching it through your tv

That's normal. It uses bluetooth/usb audio to "airplay" via the car's Speakers. Works with almost anything :)

That's normal. It uses bluetooth/usb audio to "airplay" via the car's speakers. Works with almost anything :)

No, i mean it doesnt let you watch the clip/video as before the update. It jsut shows a message saying "Your video is playing on your tv"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club