Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Removal

Kevee

Hello,

I have a Ford KA 06 reg and am trying to remove the radio so I can take the trim off to replace the dashboard illumination light. I have a DIN tool purchased from Halfords a little while back and although it fits in the holes does not seem to stick in place when trying to pull the radio out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how else I can remove the radio or if I need to push the rods to one side etc?

Many Thanks,

Kevin

from memory you need to pust them in fully & sort of putt them away from each other or into eachother & you should find the radio will start to com out

you may have to persiver with it as they can be a bit of a bugger

otherwise ask one of the loacl toe rags to remove it for you he will do it in the blink of an eye

I assume you are using the u shaped tools?

You push them in until you feel them stop.

You will get a grating feeling as the tools engage with the clips.

Pull the tools outwards away from the centre of the radio and the clips will disengage and then pull the radio out while keeping tension on the tools.

Thanks for the input, I was wondering if my U shapped tools had been worn down at the ends from previous use in a different car.

It sounds like it is worth trying again and applying some sidewards pressure to perhaps keep the clips engadged.

The tools shouldn't be affected by wear.

As long as you feel the tips engage you will be fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club