Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help, Battery Not Charging

david295

I have just put a brand new down pipe with flexi on, another new idle control valve, a new maf sensor, and now when i start car, the battery light is staying on, put tester on battery, and its not charging, i have not touched any wires.

Done dash test, and it comes up with DTC 9202 and E002

Faulty alternator ?

Its been fine for 2 weeks, and to day just changing exhaust flexi, and 2 other bits, it just dont work no more, surly it must be something else

9202 is a faulty fuel sender or wiring if the battery isnt charging check the alternator wiring its not that far from the flexi also theres a fuse in the bay for the alternator to save money a garage would be best that way you only fix what needs fixed

i have checked fuse in fuse box in engine bay, they are fine.

before buying take the car to a garage and have it looked at a battery test is free you want a silver calcium battery like Bosch silver

the likes of KwikFit will do a battery health check FOC for you :)

have you made sure the battery is silver calcium a non silver calcium is known to fry the regulator

this is the one rac said was for focus with smart chatge, more problems tonight, when i am coming to traffic light, and slow down, and stop, car almost stalls, tick over goes very very low, also when i switch on heater full, head lights go really dim, the revs drop as well, is this a duff battery i got from rac

a battery test is the way to find out mate garages do them free and check the alternator as well its either the battery the alternator itself or the wiring to the alternator or the fuse for the smart charge in the engine bay fuse box

What type of battery is fitted? a calcium type?

This is the battery fitted http://www.racshop.co.uk/car-battery/product/bosch-s5-car-battery-075.html this is the one the rac recommended and came out and fitted, it's brand new fitted yesterday, and had alternator reconditioned, as regulator had died, but last night at work, when I put the heater on full, the head lights go very dim, i have just had battery tested, and as i expected, its excellent, alternator is kicking out right volts aswell, but yet when i put heater on full, the headlights dim, and car allmost stalls.

If am approaching traffic lights, and stopping, the engine almost stalls, seems to be worse when i press break

if you disconnect the 3 wire plug from the alternator with it running, does it stop it trying to stall when you switch things on? mine used to do this but i never found the cause

if this solves it, would it do any damage leaving it unplugged or any damage unplugging it, also revs are still high when first started, takes about an hour before they settle to normal, it still does this when ever you start it, hot or cold engine makes no difference, rac man has just left, he plugged his computer into car, and it shows no faults at all, it all shows as everything working as it should