Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Mk 3 2001 Dodgy Climate Control

royzee

Hi

Hope someone can throw some light on this for me.

Have the auto climate control with the three round dials.

The first selects hot and cold, and Auto. The centre is the display screen and the right hand is the selector for where the air is directed.

In the distant past I have had a problem where it wont blow hot air. Have reset the control panel and all was well.

The problem now is that I can only seem to get air from the windscreen. If I select anything else, it seems like all the vents are shut but the fan is running. Tried resetting the controls, no faults found. Tried again, no fault found.

On using this reset procedure about a year ago for a different problem, I think I heard the flaps operate, now however, the flaps do not move.

Initially thought its the motor for the flap.

Upon further investigation I have found this.

If I select Auto and Lo, the blower fan comes on full, but no flaps open. AC light is not lit. Press AC button and it lights, Auto disappears from screen but no flaps open. Press AC again, light goes out,and all flaps open but Auto still not on screen.

If I us the manual fan control set to fast and Lo temp, all flaps are closed but fan runs high. Then select windscreen, AC light comes on and windscreen flap opens. If I press the AC button it wont go out ( cant remember if this is correct). If I try to select any other vent, none will open.

Turn it off and again use manual control set to fast and Lo temp, again all flaps are closed. Press any other flap button, nothing happens, BUT if I then press the AC button the button lights, still no flaps open, BUT, if I press the button again, the lamp goes out AND that flap opens ! This happens for the footwell, face and up flaps.

Because I can get all the flaps to open at some point, it seems unlikely its a motor, more likely the control panel. What do you think?

If it is the control panel, it looks like the centre console and radio have to come out to access the controls, looks a horrible job, about 45 Minutes? What do you think?

Is this the best system to refit, or is there something else that would fit and be better?

Lastly, it seems that the part number for this is 1S7H 18C 612 BB. Does anyone know what the difference is if the letters are slightly different at the end? There are several second hand ones for sale but end in different letters. I know that one version has the word max on the defrost button. Is that the only difference and do you know if this would still work?

Thanks a lot

Rob .

you will find that ford have changed part nos several times hence differing part nos

Have you changed the pollen filter lately? If its blocked it will play havoc with the venting.

Hi

Thanks for the above replies, appreciate your help.

I realise that there are different variants of this module, hence the different letters, but was wondering if anyone knew what the actual differences in the letters meant?

The pollen filter is clean. When I can get the flaps to open by the above procedure, it operates at full speed and is at the correct temperature.

Any ideas guys?

Rob

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club