1. 1. MK1 MK1.5 MK2 MK2.5 OR MK3 WHICH VERSION FOCUS DO YOU DRIVE

2. 2. If you intend on upgrading which Focus model will you upgrade to

• Mk1.5
    • Mk2
    • Mk2.5
    • Mk3
    • Mk3.5 whenever it is released
    • Iam happy with the Version of focus that i own and do not intend changing
    • Iam not happy with the Version of focus that i own and intend on changing it as soon as practically possible
  3. 3. Are you happy With the Mk (Model or version) of the focus that you own if so reply with your reasons

• Yes Iam Happy :-)
    • No Iam not happy :-(

Hi,

Drive a Sea Grey Mk2 1.8 Zetec 3dr.

Soon upgrading to Mk2.5 1.8 Zetec S 3dr same colour if poss.

Like current car just want Zetec S and bit newer.

why not save up for a new focus zetec s :-)

Jamie

Just upgraded from my Mk7 fiesta Zetec S last week to a Mk3 Zetec S 1.6 ecoboost.

Any gripes i have so far are only minor :D

• Wish there was a 3 door version, but no biggy as im warming to its looks everytime i see it.

• Disappointed with the stereo Speakers (think they're worse than the fiesta's), but apart from that the car's very good!
  • Handbrake reminds me of a Land Rover defender's; just feels quite forward and have to heave it up!

The fiesta is pretty gutless torque-wise and so always yearned for a turbo, hence going for this engine!

performance is definitely an improvement so far! (only gone to 4000rpm once mind). Little bit apprehensive about the mpg but will have to see!

Yes, the steering's not as good as the Mk2.5 i had previously but... its still a very good drive :) feels a bit lighter on its feet too...?

Hi Loz

What made you choose a focus over a new fiesta 5 door

How many miles have you covered so far.

Jamie

Hi,

Im not keen on 5dr fiestas! Thought the 3dr Zetec S kit made it really well proportioned, the rest of the range didnt quite do it for me afterwards.

Besides, had a fiesta for 3 years now, and been saving up for a focus at some point....so thought i'd treat myself!

Done just over 200 miles and its filthy already :unsure:

Do think the ride comfort and refinement is better in the focus or is there not much diffrence, just wondering as these are the 2 main things i look at when buying a car :)

Ride comfort is better, but not by a significant amount as i think the fiesta rides pretty well as it is :) (always thought that small a car with 17" wheels would be ridiculous, but i was quite impressed! same applies to the 18"s on the focus!)

Refinement on the other hand is definitely a step up- much quieter. the fiesta had quite a lot resonance coming in (especially from the boot), and i thought the road noise from the tyres was quite bad.

Not so much an issue now, volumes turned down a bit on everything...fiesta had a nice low speed exhaust note though :)

• 2 years later...

Hi. I currently drive a mk3 titanium x 1.0 ecoboost 125 on a 13 plate.

Will be getting the facelifted version when it is released.

Had my Mk3 Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost 125 for just over 8 months and have owned a couple of Mk1's. At the time the Mk1's were a cracking drive but the Mk3 now is streets ahead in comparison. My only gripe with my Mk3 is the poor m.p.g. Would I buy another Focus, certainly won't be rushing out to at the moment.

If I can partake retrospectively :p

I drove a 2005 MK2 Focus Zetec Climate a few years back.

As some of you will already know, I did not upgrade to the Mk3 Ecoboost in the end, I opted for a three year old Mk2.5 1.6 petrol Titanium instead.

Making it my third Focus and best yet, Mk1....Mk2......reason being I like the Titanium spec, and still have a decent size boot, and returning an averaged out 37.65 mpg on brimming the tank data..........

Small boot on the Mk3 was the deal breaker for me, but I dare say it's not a prority for most

• 6 years later...

I have an 06 focus hatchback ses 5 speed how do I know what mk it is?