Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Interior Light

Drich290195

Anyone point me in the direction of an interior light for my mk2 that has the map light buttons on like the ones found in the ghia cheers

e bay

Yeah had a look can't seem to spot any

Anyone point me in the direction of an interior light for my mk2 that has the map light buttons on like the ones found in the ghia cheers

If you can hold on for a week and remind me then, i will have one spare after fitting an ambient light one.

I'll pass it on to you for £15 including postage and a LED festoon bulb for the courtesy light.

Payment via Paypal if suitable for you.

i was looking at ecat earlier today as i was looking to upgrade mine to the map light version, put in the lights for the sunvisors and a light in the rear...according to that the wire should be there for them.

but anyways a new light (map light version) from ford costs around £20 iirc

Sounds like a plan stoney let me know when your ready

john how do you know if the wiring is there? ive put off doing the visor lights so far would be interested in seeing how its done

well i haven't physically checked the car, but according to ford ecat. the car has a standard loom from the fusebox, travels up one of the pillars and spiders from the centre light, giving connections at both sun visors and rear of the car.

even if it doesnt have this loom, you can get one from ford for around £60-£70...still a bit pricey but you could always buy some wire and do it yourself.

i'll phyically check but i dont hold my breath. mine doesnt even come with the footwell light sockets! lol

It's an easy enough job to splice into the front courtesy light in order to run wires for rear and vanity lights.

A couple of scotch locks and some 5amp cable is all you need (apart from the lights of course) and a steady hand to cut the roof lining.

You need to search eBay for a Mondeo 2000-2007 courtesy light. They are a direct fit (you will recognise the shape). Should cost £10 to £15.

I never bothered with the rear courtesy light as my car is a three door. I have sen the lights on eBay from time to time.

Visor lights are simple. I did mine and built the wiring easily:

Focus47small.jpg

Focus48small.jpg

In truth the cutting was easy, just make sure the hole isn't too big and that they are both square to the recesses. It was the wiring that was a pain. I tried soldering but ended up going back to crimp connectors. They were much easier in the confined space (and can be disconnected if needed).

If anyone else wants to fit them here's the wiring connections and cutting dimensions:

Black/white from both vanity lights joins to black/blue on the courtesy light.

Orange/Green on (left) and orange/white (right) vanity lights joins to black/yellow on the courtesy light.

The holes in the headlining are 6.3cm long by 3.9cm wide. Remember that you can make a hole larger, if needs be, but not smaller.

The lights were £10 for the pair from eBay. You will need to make sure they come with their connectors with a small length of wire for each one (it is a special fit plug).

spot on thats just what i needed to know would be easier if the wires were there but unless there hid behind the pillars some where i doubt it thanks for that info i will be giving that a go mate

All wires are reachable from the feed to the main courtesy light.

Hi guys I saw a video here somewhere on this forum but can't find it any more

It's regarding the door handle case 3 led mod

Can some1 point me in the right direction of da vid as iv bought da leds n now stuck lol

many thanks n sorry for changing da subject ;)

Hi guys I saw a video here somewhere on this forum but can't find it any more

It's regarding the door handle case 3 led mod

Can some1 point me in the right direction of da vid as iv bought da leds n now stuck lol

many thanks n sorry for changing da subject ;)

Here is a link to preee's guide for the door handle illumination modification.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27943-guide-to-fitting-door-handle-smd-leds-mk25/

Finally fitted my ambient light unit today, even though the weather was rotten.

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

Simple to fit, just use a mini bayonet connector from the pin on the light fitting and run a wire down the A pillar to the headlight switch and scotchlock to the bottom left wire as you look at the lighting loom (number 16) Information supplied by Richiemac - Thanks for the help Buddy.

DSC_0188.jpg

Nice Job Stoney been looking for one myself no luck at the mo

A tad pricey for a couple of additional led's me thinks.Maybe a visit to the breakers yard ??

As these lights are fitted to very few vehicles they will be the proverbial hens teeth.

I have found that in the mk2.5 the wiring and circuit is all there, just need 2 12V LED's from maplins and to drill a small hole in the standard light switch surround and hopefully will work just the same as the £80 one from European parts, a saving of £78. Just need to make a trip to maplins today and see if it does work :S

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club