Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 55 plate head bulb renewal

Matt_Arnold

Hello,

I have a 2005 Ford Fiesta 55 plate, the driver’s side headlight bulb has gone.

I have a Haynes manual but this covers 02 to 54 plates (not 55 plate) 55 plate is slightly different - manual does not work as front bumper plastic stops headlight sliding out once the three headlight screws have been removed.

It seems like I would need to take off or partly remove the front bumper... this seem like hard work for changing a bulb :(

Any ideas on removing front bumper..

I must be missing something... any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Matt

Hello,

I have a 2005 Ford Fiesta 55 plate, the driver’s side headlight bulb has gone.

I have a Haynes manual but this covers 02 to 54 plates (not 55 plate) 55 plate is slightly different - manual does not work as front bumper plastic stops headlight sliding out once the three headlight screws have been removed.

It seems like I would need to take off or partly remove the front bumper... this seem like hard work for changing a bulb :(

Any ideas on removing front bumper..

I must be missing something... any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Matt

i have changed a few bulbs in a 56 plate fiesta in the past. IIRC i had to move the coolant and the power steering resevoirs. i think there is a couple of bolts to undo and they should slide out, then that gives you enough room to get at the back of the light. Ive never had to remove the headlights/bumper.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

OK that sounds much better then what I was trying to do - still hard work though, but much better then paying a dealership to do the work.

Thank you.

Matt

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

OK that sounds much better then what I was trying to do - still hard work though, but much better then paying a dealership to do the work.

Thank you.

Matt

its actually very easy i done it in the middle of Halfords car park for my mate. Once you take the securing bolts out they just simply slip out. let us know how you get on.

Hi,

I got the lights changed; however i had to take the whole light units out completely.

I tried your suggestion, however I couldn't remove the reservoirs after taking the bolts out, the bigger coolant reservoir pipe would not budge (you must have more nibble hands then me).

I got the light units out without removing the bumpers by pulling back the bumper clips and gently lifting the light units out (a bit awkward) - each light unit has 3screws.

I could supply pictures if anyone has the same issue.

Best

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club