Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carbon Wapping Ideas

Focus_IRE

I went carbon wrapping a few bits in my mk2 focus today all went well and look well I think anyway. I will get pics up tomorrow. And please give opinions on it :)

A question i need to know is the surround for the radio, do i need to take out the radio to remove surround ir will it just come off?

I went carbon wrapping a few bits in my mk2 focus today all went well and look well I think anyway. I will get pics up tomorrow. And please give opinions on it :)

A question i need to know is the surround for the radio, do i need to take out the radio to remove surround ir will it just come off?

if the dash surround is the same as it is in the mk2.5 then the surround comes off first mate,

then their are 4 screws holding in the stereo, but the panel is just clipped in to the dash, so if you get a thin coloth or a dash wipe and wrap it over a flat head screwdriver than gently push it inder the panel at the botto then gently pull towards the rear of the car,

the panel will come out slightly,

then do the same on the sides working your way around until it is out enough for you to fit your hands in either side and remove it.

looking foward to the pictures mate, sounds good

Is it a MK2 or a 2.5?

MK2 -radio out first, MK2.5- fascia off first.

Yeah will have to have another go at it so was doung that and was coming out until i got near radio and it seemed stuck so didnt want to force it.

Yeah will get the pics up in the morning mate for everyone to judge, looking forward to all opinions

Mk 2 Clive, was thinking alright mate thanks :)

radio comes out 1st then theres 2 screws behind it that hold the fascia on

Thanks for the replies lads :) As Promised some pictures of all the carbon wrapping :)

post-31330-0-74015300-1338879556_thumb.jpost-31330-0-32401000-1338879561_thumb.jpost-31330-0-14865600-1338879563_thumb.jpost-31330-0-81065500-1338879565_thumb.jpost-31330-0-52584100-1338879567_thumb.jpost-31330-0-03491600-1338879569_thumb.j

Any opninions/suggestions are gretaly appreciated ;)

looks good Stephen. Did you do the stereo surround too?

Not yet Sal was starting to take of trim but got tight and just found out i must take radio out first so waiting on removal pins

Excellent job done their mate,

perticurally the front grill and the vent surrounds they would be very difficult to wrap, not to mention the door handle surrounds,

10/10 mate top class. some people can wrap and some cant but you have made a fantastic job with the stuff.

Thanks very much Lenny mate really appreciate that, I wouldn't have the beat of patience normally but when it comes to things like that I have the mind set if you either do it right or forget it lol.

Thanks very much Lenny mate really appreciate that, I wouldn't have the beat of patience normally but when it comes to things like that I have the mind set if you either do it right or forget it lol.

i agree mate,

but i suppose with the wrap you can take it off and do it again if it goes wrop but yours looks like its proper carbon panels,

im hoping to remove and wrap my bonnet lip in gloss carbon fibre in the coming months so i may be posting it to you along with the wrap and a payment to you lol because im useless at wrapping,

it took me four attempts to wrap the little panel that fits in between the two gauges in the pod lol and i lade that section myself from clear perspex then i couldnt even wrap it with matt black vinyl

No problem at all Lenny I'll do it :) ah dont panic is the main thing and good heat. When you do get to start doing it give me a shout and i can guide you through it if you want. I might want to stip wrapping now or the while car will be done lol :)

No problem at all Lenny I'll do it :) ah dont panic is the main thing and good heat. When you do get to start doing it give me a shout and i can guide you through it if you want. I might want to stop wrapping now or the whole car will be done lol :)

cheers mate,

the silver is a good contrast for the carbon mate it looks really good.

Yeah I was more interested to see how the grille would turn out thats why I did it and its my favourite piece done now alright, something different :)

hi mate this should be perfect for you, the surroud just pops off and its fairly easy to wrap i done mine a couple of days ago, you need a couple of blunt knifes to get it off just ease it out bit by bit. would also like some more idea myself the things which are best to carbon wrap but heres a few things i done, it wont let me put a pic here but i put the things i have done in the ford discussion 10 mins ago hope it helps

Mines the mk2 pre facelift mate i newd keys to remove the surround, fair play on mirrors you did them aswell looks well mate:)

cheers, i didnt notice the things you done till now and think i will have to copy defo like the grill im thinking of taking the vinyl off the mirrors as they just look like standard black mirrors from a distance, so i want the outside to be pure silver as it has a fair bit of black trim, but the small things i will carbon like the grill now thanks haha, have you any other ideas as my focus looks a bit like yours but think mines fully standard on the outside, am looking to buy film maybe dark smoke for the back and light smoke front windows

I have the ouside of the front badge done aswell. Both the badge and the grilll now are tricky so just take your time is the advice I can give also you will need to take the mesh away from the outer to do it properly, just a few clips holding it so nothing major.

cheers steve this shall be my next task glad i joined this site now :)

there ya go m8y sussed it

Looks class mate. Can i ask how you remove the surround around the gear knob? im looking to wrap that.

Yeah really easy push the leather gaiter down and pull the surround out take ya time though as they feel brittle to me.

Then the silver piece also separates which gives you the nice finish when put back together.

And Cheers for the comment

Yeah really easy push the leather gaiter down and pull the surround out take ya time though as they feel brittle to me.

Then the silver piece also separates which gives you the nice finish when put back together.

And Cheers for the comment

Thanks I'll have fun doing up my car next week!

The gear surround unclips from the side facing the car interior (back).

1.jpg

2.jpg.