Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Airbag Flash Code 42 - Lh Crash Sensor Replaced - Didn't Fix :-(

stevesey

Hi all

Having trouble with the airbag light flashing code 42 (04 plate TDDI estate). This is supposed to be LH Crash Sensor - so I checked the wiring the other day and it tested fine so I ordered an eBay sensor and replaced the passenger crash sensor - but no change.

In researching I noticed that code 42 is the front sensor on Mondeos of the same era, but foci references point to the LH sensor (there were some mixed posts where focus owners were suggesting 42 was the front one). Needed to drop the radiator to get to the front one, don't have time to do that and check the front sensor connection/wiring until Saturday coming, so went with the side one first (ordered before going away for the weekend, came today, fitted tonight).

Can anyone confirm that 42 is definitely the LH side sensor? Or the front sensor?

Any other suggestions? It looks like I'm going to have to pop to the local garage to get the proper trouble code read.

MOT expiry 18 days away so need to get sorted fairly quickly (but preferably without a visit to a stealer!)

Steve

H
ave you tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnecting it. This should erase any fault codes and reset the ecu. Make sure you have your radio code before doing this!

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnecting it. This should erase any fault codes and reset the ecu. Make sure you have your radio code before doing this!

Was disconnected for about 15mins when I replaced the sensor - might try again though.

Aye, also might be worth checking all the earth/ground points for integrity and spray any connectors with alcohol based cleaner or even WD-40.

4:2 flashing is def. front sensor on my 2 cars. I dropped the radiator a wee bit, and cleaned up the connections, which worked for a couple of days.

Alas no joy so far - dropped radiator and checked front sensor connections, and the wiring through to the control unit with a meter, all looks good. Popped around to the friendly local garage but they were to busy to read codes today (backlog from the short week). Have booked it in for MOT first thing Wed and will get codes then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club