Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Tdci performance

Pete R

I have an 07 galaxy 1.8tdci which in my opinion is not right! At low engine speeds performance is very sluggish and there sounds like diesel knock when acclerating. After this initial lapse, the car pulls fine with no problems. Took to main dealer who advised/road tested and said it was fine. the car has no warning lights on or faults in ECU memories!

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• 9 years later...

Yes I have this very same problem with my 2009 galaxy  1.8 tdci when pulling away engine sounds like it' about to die but after u r moving it' fine but sounds awful I have found keep the revs at about 1300rpm it doesn' seem to do it as much and only ever makes the noise when pulling away from being  stationary but can be really slow on pickup which I don't understand had it on my code reader but no codes found so if anyone can help would me most appreciated as really don' like the noise but I do like the car and I have it on a 28 day sale or return and about 2 weeks In to that now car never fails to start and always pulls away every time just doesn't sound good and once revs get to about 16-17000rpm it picks up quicker it just can be really slow getting there ? 

• 2 months later...

I have had my 09 galaxy about a month and same thing here, turbo lag until about 2000 revs, then picks up fine

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club