Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Schedule

Drich290195

Do a lot of mileage a thousand a week , now what's the service schedule for my 1.8 tdci 56 plate done 58k now last services at 53k two months ago. Now is it eery 10k if so can I extend this as that is every 2 months ish quite a cost. It's all motorway so are their certain things you recommend doing at those intervals and others that are not any help appreciated thanks

Standard schedules for these models is every 12,500 miles. Haynes recommend oil changes every 6000 for vehicles that do alot of town driving. For comparison, I have the same car, and do approx 400-500miles a week, predominantly motorway, and never had a problem with fords schedules, but its imperitive that oil changes for these engines are not skimped on....

So when do you reckon I should oil change then, are we saying change oil every 6k and service every 12.5k or combine the two at say 12k as its motorway

id just stick to the 12.5 k sevice and not worry about exsesive oil changes jus make sure you check it reguarly , ford uses a very high quality 5w 30 fully synthetic oil that should easily last 12.5 k motorway miles , just my opinion though.

Seconded, 12.5k will be fine for you

Cheers guys what other things do they chane on the 12.5 k service

Jus out of pure noseyness how do u rack up 1000 miles a week ! With my carol vordaman head on that 200 miles a day! and also now going to stick my nose in where its not wanted , i would suggest you buy mitchelin energy savers for that kind of millage as they can last up to 40000 motorway miles also make sure you use decent diesel as it wont take long for your injectors to get cloged up with that sort of millage :)

Cheers guys what other things do they chane on the 12.5 k service

oil change , oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, then every other time brake fluid and coolent change then every so often glow plugs and cambelt change :)

All depends on what was changed last time, they alternate between an interim and a full service, oil and filter changed every time, I think air and fuel filters every other service. Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years, but I dont think its costed as part of a service, certainly isnt at a ford dealer anyway..... Coolant shouldnt need to be changed ever if its not leaked and is the Ford pink stuff.

Cambelt is rated by ford at 100,000 miles, and is a big job to change.

I too am intregued by what you do to rack up that kind of milage. Thought I was a big mile eater with 90miles a day!!!

I'm in the army and based 350 miles away from home drive back every weekend that's 700 miles and then driving while I'm back and during the week I no my carbon footprint is huge