Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Stereo Front

Leighley

Hi,

I've been trying to find a Sony cd player for a while now and just missed one on eBay yesterday!

This has made me think of alternatives and about seeing if I can improve the look of the standard stereo in the interim by getting the front, silver part/frame, sprayed black (I have a brother in the trade who can get it done). Does the front come off easily?

I've also seen a ford cd player on eBay to try it out on. It's a 6 button model although mine has 12 (I think) as I have the Bluetooth/phone connection. Will the front fit mine?

Thanks

I've been trying to find a Sony cd player for a while now and just missed one on eBay yesterday!

You need to make sure your stereo would be compatible with the Sony one as 2010 was the changeover year. Pre-2010 the CD player has 2 block connections in the center and the aerial to the right. After this it is a single block connector on the left with the aerial to the right. You need the 2nd one for it to be straight swap.

This has made me think of alternatives and about seeing if I can improve the look of the standard stereo in the interim by getting the front, silver part/frame, sprayed black (I have a brother in the trade who can get it done). Does the front come off easily?

Yeah it's fairly easy, here's my guide:

I've also seen a ford cd player on eBay to try it out on. It's a 6 button model although mine has 12 (I think) as I have the Bluetooth/phone connection. Will the front fit mine?

Why would you want the 6 button one? That's a downgrade and you'll lose bluetooth.

I was just going to say what inath said...make sure connections at the back are the same...I didn't check mine and bought 1 from eBay and it was completely different :(

Thanks guys.

I was looking only to buy the radio from eBay to strip off the silver front rim & get that sprayed black. I would then fit it to my current radio hence my question about whether the front will fit mine ie will the silver from from a 6 button radio fit over my 12 button radio so I still have the 12 buttons. Hope that makes sense! :unsure:

Nathan, thanks for the video, do i take you have taken the silver trim parts off & had them resprayed? If so they look really good as thats what i'd like to do so they match the bodywork, Pather black (like the Metal edition!).

Thanks again

Thanks guys.

I was looking only to buy the radio from ebay to strip off the silver front rim & get that sprayed black. I would then fit it to my current radio hence my question about whether the front will fit mine ie will the silver from from a 6 button radio fit over my 12 button radio so I still have the 12 buttons. Hope that makes sense! :unsure:

Nathan, thanks for the video, do i take you have taken the silver trim parts off & had them resprayed? If so they look really good as thats what i'd like to do so they match the bodywork, Pather black (like the Metal edition!).

Thanks again

It might work but you'll lose the functionality of half of your radio..Bluetooth etc...so what would be the point? Altho don't quote me on that.

Yes I'm sprayed them all myself :) Sounds to me like you want this and then you can get it done.

Thanks Nath, you are the man!

I'm now watch it so hopefully will put in a bit closer to the deadline. One question though, I have a Titanium with cruise control, do you think it'll be easy to cut out (when I added the sports difusser, it had marks where the parking sensors had to be)?

Have you made any other mods to the interior of your Fiesta? I had a courtsey car the other day & it had a rear reading light in it which seeemed great though I couldn't tell which model it was as Ford seem to have debadged all Fiestas now!

Thanks again

One question though, I have a Titanium with cruise control, do you think it'll be easy to cut out

Sorry, missed that part. The steering wheel surround would not be suitable for your car, you'd either have to spray the original or source another one from a Titanium. Ford don't sell this part on its own, only as part of a complete steering wheel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club