Do Not Sell My Personal Information

£2 To Transform Yours Dash Steering Wheel And Mirrors And Surroundings Carbon Effect

kenty123

Hi i am new to this site and would like to show what you can do with a couple of pounds, i bought a carbon vinyls sheet the cheapest you can get at £8 but only used a small piece of it, i am really made up with the outcome as i have never done it before, if you are thinking of having a go make sure you watch a few videos on youtube first i can let you know the good ones i watched if you want, they have turned out perfectly with no bubbles. can also let you know the tools you need also very cheap, carbon has got 12 year lifespan indoors 5 years then for the wing mirrors. As i am new to this i would also like some tips from the pros.

post-34112-0-06614100-1339330921_thumb.j

post-34112-0-00082100-1339330934_thumb.j

post-34112-0-56101900-1339330945_thumb.j

post-34112-0-70551500-1339330960_thumb.j

post-34112-0-93448900-1339330972_thumb.j

post-34112-0-26340400-1339330985_thumb.j

post-34112-0-77931100-1339330995_thumb.j

post-34112-0-57941100-1339331007_thumb.j

post-34112-0-89043000-1339331018_thumb.j

post-34112-0-67652900-1339331030_thumb.j

post-34112-0-05277000-1339331043_thumb.j

post-34112-0-79815000-1339331055_thumb.j

Hi,

Just looked through your pictures and am really impressed, I'm also new to the site and am looking for some little things I can do to my focus to set it apart a bit. Could you tell me where you got the carbon fibre stuff from and what tools you used?

Thanks,

Dan

Looks pretty good, Nice way to make the inside look 10x better cost friendly.

My Dad does this in his garage, he pimps bikes and cars for a living, and he did a load of this on my bike. I didn't even think about doing bits of my dash, so thanks for the idea!

Not only can you get the carbon effect you can get loads of other designs too if you want something really different :)

I am half way through doing my quad raptor 660 road doing that in carbon and look to do my rsv mille 1000 in matte, i used to think it was paint when i seen a car in matte black but 9 out of 10 it isn't. what bike have you got and is it the carbon you have put on it ?

Mine is a Honda CBR125, it's the carbon yes. See pic below:

There are quite a few little bits all over. Rear handle, light tray, mirrors, footstand, swingarm and the rest you can see really.

DSC01072.jpg

hard to see on here but the around all the dials is done too

ST835216.jpg

I had a cbr 125 i could get 80mph on it and 100 miles to a fiver 2 years ago take it you get a lot less now, gutted when i was going round a roundabout in the wet as the little tyres didnt like it, no cars would stop lol when i was trying to pick it up with a damaged leg so you planning on doing ya test its easy if ya dont put ya foot down on u-turn the rest is a piece of cake and i like the yellow carbon contrast. I have even done the peak on my helmet looks really well. How did you do the foot stand and the handle are the hydro dipped?

Cheers for that Stoney

Yep have had 80 out of her (downhill lol). I also crashed it twice going round really sharp bends :(

Got a KTM 640 LC4 for when I pass my test, but just separated from my husband so the motorbike stuff is on hold at the minute :(

Re the vinyls, most of it was dipped I think.

Yeah its very easy to come off the little bikes and really hurts sorry 2 hear bout ya husband hope everything goes well from here for ya especially when ya get ya super moto on the road nicer to ride than the race bikes ive had a few and ya cant mess round on them like ya can on a supermoto, do you really live on the isle of man what a place to have a bike against the law not 2.

i have bout 5 a4 sheets of that hydro film just to see what it turns out like

We are still friends so it's all good. He is stripping the KTM down for me, and giving it a bit of an overhaul for me. Bought it cheap and needs a little cleaning, but engine wise it's sound.

Isle of Man is best place ever. I am from the Wirral, originally but lived over here nearly 11 years now and would never go back to the UK. Just nip back to visit my Dad back in the Wirral when I can afford it!

Don't be covering the bright orange but ya can cover everythin else lol, yeah am in ellesmere port but from chester not far from the squirrel as every1 calls it lol. how do u get a profile pic up i have been trying everything

Go to your profile, Edit my profile on the right hand side. Then Change my photo. As long as your pic isn't too big then you should be able to upload it from there.

I have just changed mine and that worked fine.

that was the problem i was having but shrunk it on another site now its a bit small lol will try again

• 3 weeks later...

Alright mate really like what you done with the carbon wrapping so now i'm gonna have to have a go myself on my head unit and gear stick surrounds. Wanna post me a few decent youtube vids? Also, think one of the eBay links is wrong.. £91.99 for a squeegee? lol wanna post me a new link for 1? Thinking about giving it a go soon before I get redeployed at work.

Bonnet lip will be getting done soon :)

Bonnet lip will be getting done soon :)

Nice! I thought about Carbon Wrapping mine, The bonnet moulding is only £25 anyway so if you make a complete mess... just get new.

They do sell already wrapped ones on eBay but for £99. Not worth it. Im getting mine colour coded to the car i think.

Nice! I thought about Carbon Wrapping mine, The bonnet moulding is only £25 anyway so if you make a complete mess... just get new.

They do sell already wrapped ones on ebay but for £99. Not worth it. Im getting mine colour coded to the car i think.

Have a dabble at wrapping it, go on ;)

Charlie a lot of eBay power sellers put there price right up when they sell hundreds, Its still on my bought in eBay for 1.99 and 75p postage so if you let them know before you buy that the price is way wrong and your friend got it for this price because these were the best quality cheapest ones hope the helps, if not let me know and i will look for the best ones for around that price for ya.

Think the carbon bonnet lips are cool ;) should be easy enough just carbon rapping

Rhino its got to be silver carbon vinyl on yours would look very smart.

You haven't got any black trim on yours for the black carbon to match which is a good thing as full colour coded looks the best.

Rhino its got to be silver carbon vinyl on yours would look very smart.

You haven't got any black trim on yours for the black carbon to match which is a good thing as full colour coded looks the best.

Ahh, interesting, didn't think of that...

Am going the do all the black on my mine in the silver carbon i have the focus before yours so it will be fully coded then with the touch of carbon, including the spoiler :).

Hydro dippings the one now you already have the base coat, I would need to spray mine silver then apply the hydro film

Kenty mate can you post some good youtube vids for me? Watched a few but don't seem that good. Do I have to completely disconnect the stereo or just slide it out with some keys? Dont wanna disconnect it cause I dont no the code for it. Do you reccomend a scalpel or will a good stanley do just as well? Reckon this Squeegee will do?

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

I've tried 4 times to do the stereo surround! Any top tips? It always looks like trash!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club