Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Idle Problem On Mk6 Fiesta

mk6 fiesta owner

hi all im a newbie lol just fort to share a little idle problem i have .

when i start the car and once warmed up i sometimes get this little bumpy feeling its only slight thou and only when its idleing once i hit the accelerator it goes then once settled again i feel a very little bumpy feeling now and then.

ive changed the spark plugs its had a service too and not long hand the belt and water pump changed. it drives fine having no problems just that little idle problem lol its a annoying lol

is there anyone that can give me a little info or what next to check ect ect

regards

matt

Could be to do with your MAF or air intake. I had this once, but it never caused any problems. Once I cut back the intake shroud, there have been no problems (not that there were any to start with), and it drives like a dream.

hi thanks josh its making me think as the air pip that connects to the box with the filter in seems little loose not to sure if it should be like that but as i say drives great in fact drives like a dream as you said its just that bugging thing lol

if there was a maf problem would that not bring the engine management light on.

i thing that did happen to me one day i was driving back doing around 60 or 70 mph and the engine cut out but its never done that since then i just put that down to over rev or something like that.

thanks for the help anyways josh and ill have a look intake pipes ect

regards

matt

The air pipe is meant to have some movement in it, as it needs to flex slightly, so don't worry. A MAF issue can cause many issues, such as rough idle, or unusual stalling etc. If I were you, I would give your MAF a clean, detatch the air pipe and give that a clean also (as well as your air filter).

If you look at the front of the air pipe (by your bumper), you will see a black shroud with a hole in the left, where the air is drawn in. What you need to do, is cut back the black shroud so air can enter from the front. If you look in my thread here at post 9. (http://www.fordowner...ing-wrong-here/), you will see some reference pictures to help you. Just use a fine toothed hacksaw, to cut it off smoothly, and then file it off afterwards to keep it neat. This will give you a nice little torque boost and make your engine sound slightly meatier. You driving the 1.4 by any chance?

EDIT: My bad, just saw that you're driving a 1.6 :D

hi josh sounds to me it could be the maf then ill give that a clean once we get some good weather in Scotland lol

is that the black thing at the front to the right hand side once you lift up bonnet :)

yes sorry its the 1.6 lol got a nip to it thou and after doing your trick might make it even better so thanks for that ill have a look at the link

thanks for the help :)

matty

No worries mate. Yeah, its the black thing :)

• 7 years later...

Please also help me out here my ford fiesta 2012s module duratech was fixed but doesn't want to start by its own if you push and it started it goes sooth the problem is idling can somebody help regarding idling isuue

Regards 

Titus 

Edited by Kwalas
Speeling

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club